DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   EB Credit & X-Box Question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/229238-eb-credit-x-box-question.html)

Anjanettea 08-13-02 07:30 AM

EB Credit & X-Box Question

Hi All,

I have $216.50 credit from the EB Game sale last week. I was considering purchasing a X-Box (I have the GC & PS2 already.) I was at EB last night, and I saw Dead to Right. I know there are other games I would play like Halo, WWE Raw, etc.

My other option with the credit is to purchase games for the GC & PS2.

For those who have the X-Box, please comment on your happiness or dislike with the system. (I already have a DVD system, and would not play DVD's on the X-Box or PS2.)

Thanks for your comments.

Anj

Shawn 08-13-02 12:11 PM

I bought an Xbox a couple of months ago, and I have not regretted my decision. I played Halo for a while...I'm almost done with the normal difficulty setting, which is fine with me because once I bought Morrowind, nothing else has been in my Xbox. I highly recommend at least renting Morrowind if you get your Xbox. Also, if you need a racing game once/if you get your Xbox, try out Project Gotham Racing, it's excellent. So, again, I encourage you to get an Xbox. :)

karnblack 08-13-02 01:18 PM

The best thing about having all 3 consoles is that you get to pick and choose the best or your favorite games for each. Since I got Morrowind everything else has been put on the back burner...PS2, Gamecube, even HALO. I just gotta keep playing.

YujiNaka 08-13-02 01:20 PM

I love my Xbox, and it has a great list of exclusives you might want to try out along with your GC and PS2.

I can imagine how fun it would be to come back from the store this December with Panzer Dragoon Orta, GTA3 Vice City and Star Fox Adventures.

-Jim

Anjanettea 08-13-02 01:27 PM

Hi All,

Thanks for responding. I just returned from EB Games, with my X-Box in tow. I'm trading in so old games and DVD's so I can buy some games.

Again, thanks for the responses.

Anj

Shawn 08-13-02 02:00 PM

Originally posted by karnblack
The best thing about having all 3 consoles is that you get to pick and choose the best or your favorite games for each. Since I got Morrowind everything else has been put on the back burner...PS2, Gamecube, even HALO. I just gotta keep playing.
Exactly! Morrowind hasn't been out of my Xbox since the day I bought it!

Thanks for responding. I just returned from EB Games, with my X-Box in tow. I'm trading in so old games and DVD's so I can buy some games.
Good choice! :)

joltaddict 08-13-02 05:01 PM

Re: EB Credit & X-Box Question

Originally posted by Anjanettea
I have $216.50 credit from the EB Game sale last week. I was considering purchasing a X-Box ...My other option with the credit is to purchase games for the GC & PS2.
An absolute cant-lose situation. :D
Enjoy your Box.

SuprVgeta 08-13-02 06:06 PM

I sold my PS2 about a month ago, and picked up an X-Box. I currently only own Halo & Hunter: the Reckoning. I've been looking online for game deals for quite a while now. It's just eating at me whether or not I should get a few more current games, or wait for some of the newer releases. I had borrowed a friend's Morrowind copy for PC, but I just couldn't sit down and play it. The only games lately I have played for PC are Jedi Knight II, and Yuri's Revenge (a game that I play quite a bit). It took me like 2 months to beat Jedi Knight II. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game, but I just cannot sit at my PC playing a game for more than a couple hours. It's just not as comfortable as playing a console, laying on my bed, using my 27'' HDTV with progressive scan (I own an X-Box and Gamecube). As for the games, Halo is awesome. The levels are MASSIVE. I have completed Normal difficulty with a friend on co-op mode, and I've almost beat the game on Heroic playing solo. Maybe I will check out Morrowind, who knows. But you can't go wrong with the X-Box.