Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Music, Rhythm, Dance, Beat Games...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-02, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Lokise
Happypants: The song you're stuck on is "The Legendary Theme" which I referred to as the showstopper of the game. Well, it becomes a showstopper by the end of the game. You'll see. Great song, a welcome change of pace in the genre, and it provides the most exhilarating moment I've experienced in a music game. Again...you'll see.
Now I'm stuck on that "glam rock" song with the guy in the church. I like the music though I'm having a hard time keeping up the rhythm.

The skeleton stage wasn't too easy either, considering I started with 1/8th of a gauge!
Old 09-03-02, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got my copy of Gitaroo man today. Damn addictive, I've played through it tonight and have gotten A's on the first 6 levels on normal.
Old 09-03-02, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Just wanna let you guys know that Parappa the Rapper 2 sucks by the way.
Old 09-03-02, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
Finally got my copy of Gitaroo man today. Damn addictive, I've played through it tonight and have gotten A's on the first 6 levels on normal.
Better than me! took a while before I got "in the zone" and was able to follow along better. Now when I go back levels that annoyed me in the past (the third and fourth) are a piece of cake. The fifth I have problems getting into the rhythm of the music.

spoiler if you haven't finished the game yet:
Spoiler:
After you finish the game, go back and play the first level on "Master". Definitely much harder!!
Old 09-03-02, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
Just wanna let you guys know that Parappa the Rapper 2 sucks by the way.
I bought this as a birthday gift for a lady friend of mine, as she loved the first one. Is it truly horrible? She likes the game for the rap tunes as much as for the gameplay.

I've heard the soundtrack and the songs aren't that bad.
Old 09-03-02, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh yeah - my roommate finished Frequency. He beat it on Normal and then on Hard (I beat it on Easy...) and then he beat both hidden songs. It was frickin amazing to watch - I don't know how he did it.
Old 10-04-02, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am not nearly the Frequency master your roommate is, I'm stuck at Freq Out and haven't gotten the hidden song for Level 4 yet
Old 10-04-02, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aghama
I am not nearly the Frequency master your roommate is, I'm stuck at Freq Out and haven't gotten the hidden song for Level 4 yet
Those are just locked songs - I'm talking about the 2 hidden songs you can only get to when you beat every song on every level including the locked songs on Hard. He's a total Freq. I bought the game for myself, but he fell in love with it and now he's eager to pick up Frequency 2.
Old 10-04-02, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know about the hidden songs, I'm saying I haven't even gotten to them yet. I meant "locked" instead of hidden. I lust after Frequency 2 myself.
Old 10-04-02, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The way you said it, I thought you might not have understood which hidden songs I was talking about cuz you referred to the locked song on level 4 as a hidden song. My favorite song was the locked song on level 1 - Science Genius Girl by freezepop.
Old 10-04-02, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ya, I know. Mistake on my part.

My big problem with the game is I have to be in the mode to play it. Too often I'm just not in sync and I screw up all the time.
Old 10-04-02, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My favorite is Guitar Freaks with the dedicated Guitar controller on the PSX.
Old 10-04-02, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, I didn't know screenshots of Frequency 2 had been released. Looks cool, though the new "Freqs" are a bit silly. It looks like the tracks are all over the place now, hope it's not annoying.

http://www.freq.com/images/freq2_1.jpg
http://www.freq.com/images/freq2_2.jpg
http://www.freq.com/images/freq2_3.jpg
http://www.freq.com/images/freq2_4.jpg
Old 10-04-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by happypants
I bought this as a birthday gift for a lady friend of mine, as she loved the first one. Is it truly horrible? She likes the game for the rap tunes as much as for the gameplay.

I've heard the soundtrack and the songs aren't that bad.
The second one is a decent game, the music isn't as catchy as the first game which were instant favorites (Kick! Punch! Its all in the mind!), the reviews called said it was more "groove" than the hiphop which seems pretty accurate, but its a fun title to play through once for fans of Parappa and Um Jammer Lammy. The difficulty level is toned wayyyyy down though from the first one, which took practice.

The Master mode on Gitaroo-Man is insane! If anyone can even complete it then you are a true master. I can' t get past the Bee-Jam Blues stage for the life of me, its practically impossible. I was out of breath when i finished teh flying-O stage, but I like that one.
Old 10-04-02, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Happypants - sorry - I didn't notice you asked me a question. Yeah - I didn't like it. It was too baby-ish for me. Way too easy and not as quirky and cool as the original one. A serious fan would probably like it okay. Although they probably won't feel very challenged by it. The story is quite dumb.

Aghama - those screens are cool... hope they didn't change the gameplay any - it looks like WipEout now.
Old 10-09-02, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Trigger: Fine, I just beat it. Happy now?

With a bandaid on my finger, no less.
Old 10-09-02, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Even the 2 hidden songs?
Old 10-09-02, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, End of your world had me stumped for a couple of days, as there is a track or two that I am unable to even complete. 160 bpm + a note on every beat = pisses me off. And they're near the end of the song, so it's not like I get much practice on them.
Old 10-10-02, 03:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just got Frequency... pretty dang cool. I'm not really big into electronica, but the tunes are really good, too.
Old 02-27-03, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

there's some videos at freq.com and Gamespot of Amplitude (frequency 2) and it looks alot different. :/ It looks cool, but in my opinion they didn't really need to do all that to the game - all they needed to do was get more songs... it's available for pre-order for like 40 bucks everywhere and it comes out in a couple weeks.
Old 02-27-03, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Find this game for PSX... great music in it too. (one of the few import soundtracks I bought back in the day)

http://www.game-revolution.com/games...t_a_groove.htm

http://members.aol.com/songokuh1/

-k
###
Old 02-27-03, 07:58 AM

I have Rez and Dance Dance Revolution Max and I love them both.
Old 02-27-03, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been looking for Rez for a few months now to no avail.

I think I'll get Frequency sometime soon. I had a blast with the demo that came with the NA.
Old 02-27-03, 12:36 PM

You will get better at Frequency. I got the game about five weeks ago and easy difficulty was giving me troubles. After putting in few hours each week, though, I've made my way through expert and the two hidden songs. At first, rhythms look very complex, but they begin to make sense as you become familiar with the songs, button layout, and "reading ahead".

I also highly recommend using the shoulder buttons from the get-go. While it may be easier to visualize the rhythm layouts using square, triangle and circle at first, that button configuration will impede your progression through the game as you try and conquer normal mode. Then it becomes a re-learning process trying to apply your freq skills to the shoulder buttons.

Trigger: Science Genius Girl is my favorite song as well. What's your high score on expert?

Samba de Amigo is another classic that is appealing and downright fun for any age group. That is, if you have two sets of maracas. Similarly to DDR, if you don't have the accessories, it's a rather lackluster game. Samba de Amigo is the game that got me hooked to the rhythm/dance games.

Mad Maestro! is a good concept, but is very poorly executed. I bought it for ten dollars last week and still question my purchase.

Has anyone tried Taiko no Tatsujin. It's a rhythm game where you beat on a drum. I'm almost considering buying an import PS2 or modding my NA one simple because I've heard rave reviews for it.
Old 02-27-03, 01:03 PM

I like playing these rhythm games, but I'm an Asian guy in mid-30's with wife and I ain't got no rhythms. But I still like the guitar game at the arcade.

Anyways, I have the Frequency demo. I don't understand as when I should switch to a different track? Is there something on the screen that prompts you to switch?

Thanks!

Thong

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.