Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ikaruga - Radiant Silvergun 2 (DC)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-02, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Ikaruga - Radiant Silvergun 2 (DC)

For anyone who is a hardcore Saturn fan, or just a fan of great shooters in general chances are you've heard of Radiant Silvergun by Treasure. If you were hip to the great imports only available on the Saturn and bought this game upon release 4 years ago then consider yourself lucky. Radiant Silvergun is one the rarest of the rare games for the Saturn, and also expensive. Online auctions have ended at the highest of 300 dollars to the lowest of 200 and change. If youve played this game then you'll understand why. But for those of you who havent and missed out on the predecessor here is your chance for redemption with Ikaruga-Radiant Silvergun 2. But don't take my word for it check out these trailers, then judge for yourself. Rumors have run rampant (mostly in Playstation magazines) that this game is headed for the PS2, I however have very high doubts of that really being a possiblity. Whats one more import for my still growing Dreamcast collection. Check it out people, play on. Release is slated for September.

http://forest.treasure-inc.co.jp/pro.../mov/IKA01.zip

http://forest.treasure-inc.co.jp/pro.../mov/IKA02.zip

-zero

Last edited by zero; 07-14-02 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-14-02, 09:39 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What console do you think it'll end up on zero?
Old 07-14-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
What console do you think it'll end up on zero?

It's going to be on the dreamcast. one final last hurrah.

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/363/363511p1.html
Old 07-14-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think it will end up on the DC both liksang.com and buyrite.net are taking pre-orders for this title, as are many other import shops where I used to live. Remember the DC may be "dead" over here in the states but in Japan the system sells very well. A lot of smaller titles are still being released for it as well. KOF 2001 (SNK) is one more title that will be released in August for the DC. If it does come to the PS2 it wont be for a long time (IMHO). Look how long it took the PS2 to get Marvel VS Capcom 2. I remember before the PS2 launched it was rumored to be one of the later launch titles and it was supposed to have 13 more characters than the DC version. .
Old 07-14-02, 09:47 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by squidget

It's going to be on the dreamcast. one final last hurrah.

http://dreamcast.ign.com/articles/363/363511p1.html
Nice! I imagine this could end up a collector's item as well given it probably won't see a lot of copies being made.
Old 07-14-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig

Nice! I imagine this could end up a collector's item as well given it probably won't see a lot of copies being made.
EXACTLY!! I dont want to miss out on this game upon release then have to pay out the nose for it later. I highly recommend placing a pre-order if interested.
Old 07-14-02, 10:01 PM

I plan to put in a pre-order. I'm really excited about this. l love treasure games. the little biege box lives again!!!
Old 07-15-02, 12:19 AM

I wonder if I should sell my copy of Radiant Silvergun + Game Guide for this? Maybe I should also sell Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Trilogy, and Shining Force III to pick up more copies of this game?

I looked at the Radiant Silvergun auctions and it looks like someone is there selling sealed copies from France.
Old 07-15-02, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by happypants
I wonder if I should sell my copy of Radiant Silvergun + Game Guide for this? Maybe I should also sell Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon Trilogy, and Shining Force III to pick up more copies of this game?

I looked at the Radiant Silvergun auctions and it looks like someone is there selling sealed copies from France.
One lesson I learned a long time ago never sell something unless your not going to miss it. Dont sell your game and book I say keep it.
Old 07-15-02, 12:46 AM

I dunno...seems kinda iffy to me. The people bidding on them have alot of shades next to them. I've been monitoring the sales for this and it looks to be the same seller that's selling over $200.
Old 07-15-02, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but I don't understand the popularity of such a game. I guess I've never liked this type of game at all, but everyone says it's the best game ever... at least the best shooter ever. Only shooter I've liked is River Raid for my Atari 2600. Is this game better than that? What makes it special (I'm downloading the trailers, so that may answer my question - if it doesn't then maybe it's a game not for everyone?)
Old 07-15-02, 05:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
I'm not trying to be a wet blanket here, but I don't understand the popularity of such a game. I guess I've never liked this type of game at all, but everyone says it's the best game ever... at least the best shooter ever. Only shooter I've liked is River Raid for my Atari 2600. Is this game better than that? What makes it special (I'm downloading the trailers, so that may answer my question - if it doesn't then maybe it's a game not for everyone?)
Trigger how old are you? Everytime a new game is discussed here you seem to reach back and say [insert name of random Atari game here] is worlds better than a game we are discussing. Just curious. No offense here pal but there a numerous shooters out there that blow away River Raid.

to name a few

Gradius
Paradious
Life Force
Mars Matrix
Stinger
Old 07-15-02, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm approaching 30. Guess I'm too old to hang or something.

Anyway - I don't think it's fair to say that "every time a new game is discussed I do anything" I don't even hang here very much... Also - I can't recall talking about Atari more than once or twice. Maybe I do it and don't realize - pull up a bunch of threads in which I do it. If you meant no offense, you wouldn't be calling me "pal" in such a condescending way. I guess my point was that I don't like shooters at all and I wanted to know why people are so into them. River Raid is hardly a shooter and I was kinda making fun of my lack of shooter knowledge. Although I've played Gradius in the arcades I think. I've heard alot about this game and I'm curious about it. Maybe it's the game that can turn me into a fan of this type of game. Not if you're going to make fun of me for being some old loser or call me "pal". The only console I had was an Atari - then I pretty much stopped playing video games for a long time. Then Doom came out and I played that alot and got addicted to PC games. My girlfriend bought me an Xbox for Christmas.

I watched the trailers - looks pretty much like all the other ones I've seen. I noticed the black white thing and I couldn't figure out what the strategy was with that.
Old 07-15-02, 11:11 AM

I love shooters. It works for me and my short attention span. A slew of activity happening all at once. If your not a fan of the shooter genre to begin with, than you'll probably won't go ga-ga over this release.
Old 07-15-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm approaching 30. Guess I'm too old to hang or something.

Anyway - I don't think it's fair to say that "every time a new game is discussed I do anything" I don't even hang here very much... Also - I can't recall talking about Atari more than once or twice. Maybe I do it and don't realize - pull up a bunch of threads in which I do it. If you meant no offense, you wouldn't be calling me "pal" in such a condescending way. I guess my point was that I don't like shooters at all and I wanted to know why people are so into them. River Raid is hardly a shooter and I was kinda making fun of my lack of shooter knowledge. Although I've played Gradius in the arcades I think. I've heard alot about this game and I'm curious about it. Maybe it's the game that can turn me into a fan of this type of game. Not if you're going to make fun of me for being some old loser or call me "pal". The only console I had was an Atari - then I pretty much stopped playing video games for a long time. Then Doom came out and I played that alot and got addicted to PC games. My girlfriend bought me an Xbox for Christmas.

I watched the trailers - looks pretty much like all the other ones I've seen. I noticed the black white thing and I couldn't figure out what the strategy was with that.
Ok one you just did it again, secondly if you knew me then youd realize that me calling you pal isnt a BAD thing. I didnt once say you couldnt "hang" I was just curious of your age because more often than not you always mention you only owned an Atari. It would be like me saying I only owned a coleco vision. In no way did I intend to make fun of you we got enough of that crap going on in other threads.
Old 07-15-02, 01:02 PM

Any chance this game will go to the UK too where the DC is still getting new games? I might be able to get it cheaper importing it from there like with Shenmue II. This one auction for the Saturn version is almost up to $260! . I'd never pay that much for a single game though. I did recently sell my UK shenmue II for quite a bit more than what I paid for it . Its good to see the DC still alive and kicking in Japan, long live Treasure and the Dreamcast!

Speaking of shooters....I really wish they made a sequel to Einhander...but it'll most likely never happen.

Last edited by Outlaw; 07-15-02 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 01:13 PM

the ebay auctions are nuts. there's one on there now and the buy it now price is $400
Old 07-15-02, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You can thank me later

Originally posted by squidget
the ebay auctions are nuts. there's one on there now and the buy it now price is $400
Very true however for those of who want to own the original Radiant Silvergun you can get it here for 178.00. Pricey yes, but its better than paying 400 for it .

http://www.gamechoice.com.hk/saturn_games3.htm
Old 07-15-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by zero

Ok one you just did it again, secondly if you knew me then youd realize that me calling you pal isnt a BAD thing. I didnt once say you couldnt "hang" I was just curious of your age because more often than not you always mention you only owned an Atari. It would be like me saying I only owned a coleco vision. In no way did I intend to make fun of you we got enough of that crap going on in other threads.
I see - you're sick of me saying I only owned an Atari - I get it. It's like "okay - we all get it - you only owned an atari, can you give it a rest? " Right? Well, I'm sorry. I do like video games - it's just that it's rare for people here to talk about PC games, it's always about consoles. I'll try to cool it on saying Atari.
Old 07-15-02, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see - you're sick of me saying I only owned an Atari - I get it. It's like "okay - we all get it - you only owned an atari, can you give it a rest? " Right? Well, I'm sorry. I do like video games - it's just that it's rare for people here to talk about PC games, it's always about consoles. I'll try to cool it on saying Atari.
ok and maybe I'll learn to keep my coleco vision love hidden.
Old 07-15-02, 08:28 PM

Mainly for me is the visuals and the challenges presented by the bosses, plus the usual Japanese quirkiness/wackiness. Where else would you find Jesus attacking you with fireballs?

I liked River Raid, though I got annoyed by having to get perfect timing in some areas. I was more partial to Kaboom!
Old 07-15-02, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Outlaw
Any chance this game will go to the UK too where the DC is still getting new games? I might be able to get it cheaper importing it from there like with Shenmue II.
Doubt it since they'd have to actually do some translations. Granted, won't be a lot of work, but Sega Europe is probably focusing on future titles for the current platforms.

What'd you get for Shenmue II? I'm mulling over selling it and Headhunter.
Old 07-16-02, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by happypants
Mainly for me is the visuals...
Dude - Pong had the sweetest graphics... oops, sorry - I'm doing it again.

j/k

Actually - I didn't see that kind of stuff in either of those trailers. Can someone explain the black and white thing to me?
Old 07-16-02, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where can you order Silvergun at?
Old 07-16-02, 08:02 PM

Originally posted by MrPink
Where can you order Silvergun at?
Look at Zero's post earlier in this thread. $179

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.