Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Smackdown 2 for PS2 worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-02, 04:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smackdown 3 for PS2 worth it?

I just bought a PS2 and I really need a wrestling game and was wondering if I should just purchase a used copy of Smackdown 3: Just Bring It for PS2 or save up the dough and go buy Wrestlemania X-8 for Gamecube? I heard Smackdown 4 is coming out, but there's no way I'm waiting until Winter of 2002.

Last edited by edytwinky; 06-14-02 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-14-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Smackdown 2 for PS2 worth it?

Originally posted by edytwinky
I just bought a PS2 and I really need a wrestling game and was wondering if I should just purchase a used copy of Smackdown 2 for PS2 or save up the dough and go buy Wrestlemania X-8 for Gamecube?
I have yet to rent Wrestlemania (will do so today), but you are thinking about Smackdown 3: Just Bring It! for PS2, not Smackdown 2. I would recommend getting neither at this point and go out and get an N64 and play Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy. Smackdown plays way too much like an arcade game and you can do multiple finishers only to see your opponent get up from the mat in just a few seconds.

This is just my opinion, I know lots of people who love Smackdown. Wrestlemania X8 is supposedly a cross between Smackdown and a little bit of the WM2k/No Mercy reversals and more simulated feel to it. But I shall wait to give my full feelings on this game.
Old 06-14-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had smackdown just bring it and I didn't care for it. I liked it at first but then I realized that I would pound on an opponent and he would just get up do two moves on me and I would be done for. Not to mention the controls sucked. I would be facing the opponent, try to grab him but he moves to a different angle and my guy is still facing the other direction.
Old 06-14-02, 07:59 PM

Here in Sacto Ca, I have seen Smackdown : Just Bring it for PS2 at a few different Blockbusters for $14.99 preplayed. So if you do not want to spend a lot of money on it, I would just get it there if I were you. P.S., I believe starting on the 18th BlockBuster will be having some sort of promotions involving preplayed games.
Old 06-15-02, 12:26 AM
Banned

get both Smackdowns! the 2nd one is great for its season mode and the just bring it is great for it graphics and its overall betterness of funness.
Old 06-15-02, 01:10 AM

Yes we will have a buy 2 get 1 free on all previosly rented products BobaFett.
Old 06-19-02, 10:31 PM

my buddy got the new one for GC and said the graphics are good, but they ddint get the licensing for all the songs liek the nwo theme, booker t, hogans theme,etc... kinda weird i guess...smackdown: just bring it, is a great game, but make sure u have buddies to play it with,cause otherwise there is no season mode, and once all unlocked stuff is done in about a week's time, there's really nuthin else to do. Otherwise, I think the gameplay is quite easy to play and is almost idenical to wrestlemania 2000 for N64(which was sweet) except that specials dont guarantee a victory, and it is possible to get early vicotories in a match. so i think thats a good thing!