Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Medal of Honor Frontline Demo

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medal of Honor Frontline Demo

I finally got around to trying out the Medal of Honor Frontline demo that's included with the latest issue of Playstation magazine.

For me, FPS games just don't work on a console. I was looking forward to this title, since I completed the PC version. I think I'll wait for the PC expansion pack though.

I realize it's just a matter of getting used to it, but I can't figure out how some of you play FPS games with a controller. With a mouse, I can aim easily. I feel like I can put those crosshairs on a target quickly and easily. With an analog stick it takes forever to aim exactly where I want to, and forget about moving at the same time.

I think most of it comes down to years of playing with the 'awsd' keys combined with a mouse. It's just second nature. I think and my fingers do it. A controller seems so clumsy.

BTW, the graphics weren't as sharp as the PC version, but overall, it felt like Medal of Honor Allied Assault.
Old 05-24-02, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A mouse/keyboard combo is definitely easier. Some PS2 games support using a USB keyboard and mouse to combat this problem. Still, if a game is well done, aiming can be a breeze with the controller. I never had a problem aiming while playing Halo(with the new S controller that game was a blast!). It just depends on how well done the controls are.
Old 05-24-02, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
I don't have problems with FPS on a console at all. In fact, I prefer a console controler to a mouse/keyboard set-up (it's just what I'm used to).

The medal of honor demo however, is unplayable because you can't invert the look function on the right stick. I'm so used to pulling back to look up and pushing forward to look down, that when I'm forced to do the opposite - I just feel like I'm retarded and I can't play.

I'm sure you can invert the controls in the full game - though I don't know why they don't let you do it in the demo.
Old 05-25-02, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have the same problem with using a controller to play FPS games on a console. I had to give up on Halo after an hour or so because it was just too frustrating.

I wish MS would relent on their stance against supporting KBM control on the XBox. Either that or release Halo on the PC.
Old 05-25-02, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess it is all about preference.....I would much rather play all games including those such as Medal of Honor on my console systems. Just finished playing my first Medal of Honor game again and looking forward to Frontlines. I did actually play Allied Assault on the computer and enjoyed it but personally do not like the keyboard/mouse controls.
Old 05-25-02, 09:57 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I much prefer controllers, even for FPSs. It's just what you're used to I guess. I hate playing with a keyboard and mouse. But then again I hate PC gaming in general.