Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

New Zelda Footage

Old 05-21-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Zelda Footage

Hot damN! Does this look awesome! I think even you cel-shading nay-sayers will dig this. IGN has two videos up...the picture has a lock on it(I think) But I was able to see them anyway. Give it a shot, perhaps they forgot to lock it!

http://cube.ign.com
Old 05-21-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They didn't.
Old 05-21-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't work for me.
Old 05-21-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video...h022120027.mov
http://cubemovies.ign.com/cube/video...h022120028.mov
Old 05-21-02, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

These links work.

Definitely worth the wait even with Nintendo's delays, they always deliver with Zelda.
Old 05-21-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Strange... it worked for me... but I tried a couple minutes later and it was locked.

This looks awesome though. I can't wait! Anyone have the link to the Mario Sunshine movies?
Old 05-21-02, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh my !
Please forgive me Shiggy/Nintendo for ever doubting your genius!
Old 05-21-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Man, that looks sweet.
Old 05-21-02, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here is the must see direct feed video trailer from Nintendo.com:

Zelda Gamecube trailer

Very nice!
Old 05-21-02, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"This year, the legend is reborn" .... Um, you mean next year.

Old 05-21-02, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Very cool. Never doubt Shigeru Miyamoto.
Old 05-21-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

sweet use of conan the barbarian soundtrack.

game looks interesting.
Old 05-21-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i can't wait to play this game in 2003!
Old 05-22-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
"This year, the legend is reborn" .... Um, you mean next year.

Actually Zelda Gamecube will be released in Japan later this year.
Old 05-22-02, 02:21 PM

Wow!! That looks awesome!! Looked really fluid and lots of action. I loved the part where he was in the boat and was jumping over the rocks, the water looked really cool. I wish it was coming out sooner, but if thats what the game looks like when they take their time I want them to keep taking their time to finish it .
Old 05-22-02, 08:12 PM
Suspended Pending Valid Email

i noticed that the game paused every time link hit an enemy.

i also noticed that i won't be buying this game if the game pauses every time link hits an enemy.
Old 05-22-02, 10:16 PM

Originally posted by enthused
i noticed that the game paused every time link hit an enemy.

i also noticed that i won't be buying this game if the game pauses every time link hits an enemy.
you just noticed that? That pause has been in Zelda since the Ocarina of Time. It happens when the enemies are "defeated," it was also in Majora's Mask.
Old 05-22-02, 10:19 PM
Suspended Pending Valid Email

i never noticed the pause in OOT. Never played MM
Old 05-22-02, 10:24 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man as good as this thing looks, these magazine and site writers already are complaining. This time, they are disappointed that the game, which looks undoubtedly good, does not introduce anything new in terms of gameplay and control... Heard this one folks: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Why should they go tinkering with what made the two N64 Zelda games, two of the best games ever? None of these biased critics will stop me from dashing to the store to pick this up some odd February morning...
Old 05-23-02, 05:57 PM

Did I hear the words "then transport it to your Game Boy Advance"????????????
Old 05-23-02, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Chaos
Did I hear the words "then transport it to your Game Boy Advance"????????????
In one of the E3 demo levels of the GameCube The Legend of Zelda, Link can equip a GBA as an item. Activate this item during the adventure, and a window will pop up: "Summon Tingle?" By selecting "Yes", a file will be sent to the Game Boy Advance connected via the Game Boy Advance GameCube cable to the second GameCube port...no cartridge needed.

In a few seconds, the file will execute on the GBA: a same resolution representation of the map that's in the corner of the GameCube screen. Here, players can move a square on the GBA map that maneuvers completely independent from the action on the console. On the GBA map, players can see Link (represented by an arrow), as well as enemies (represented as dots). The amount of Rupees that Link carries is also represented in the corner of the GBA screen.

The square is actually graphically represented on the GameCube as a square in the area that Link is in. Players can control this square on the GBA and equip bombs, blasting doors and vases without the need for Link to exert himself. Since Link can move independent of this on-screen square, the player operating the Tingle cursor can equip a Megaphone...by hitting the button, you'll hear Tingle shout "HEY!" The GameCube screen will automatically letterbox and rotate the viewpoint to look in the direction of the Tingle cursor. If the GBA player gets completely lost, he can hit a button to center the Tingle cursor right back under Link's feet for better orientation.

Once the GBA item in Link's inventory has been unequipped, the connection to the actual Game Boy Advance is lost.

This Game Boy Advance function will be better integrated in the final Legend of Zelda GameCube adventure, since having this ability right from the get-go might be too advantageous. Players will most likely have to buy the GBA item from a store within the adventure.

This function definitely gives a second player the opportunity to join Link in his adventure...or lets a single person have additional capabilities during his quest.
Old 05-24-02, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow! Check out Penny Arcade's impressions of Zelda Gamecube:

Tycho:
I think that the new Zelda is something that needs to be seen to be believed, and needs to be played to be understood. If you have done both and not come away impressed, I think that you need a new hobby. I'm not kidding. When something this great comes along, and you're simply to jaded to appreciate it, there's other things you could be doing you might derive more pleasure from.
Batjew:
Zelda for GC. I didn't say anything when those screenshots came out because I wanted to wait and see. I have very little faith for just about everything, but when it comes to anything Link-related I don't bat an eye. All I have to say is Zelda is the only reason I bought a N64, and this Zelda is why I'm going to buy a GC now. To everyone that said they thought it looked horrible? You're dead ****ing wrong. It's God Damn FANTASMICAL. Gabe overheard two fire-breathing ****-eaters make a snide comment about the graphics. I don't know how anyone could be that stupid and stubborn with something like that right in front of them. OH NO WAIT, yes I do! The kind of ****ing idiots that breathe fire and eat ****. Good God, it's an amazing piece of work. Everyone shut up, wait and see. If you don't think it's groin-grabbingly good, you probably breath fire and eat ****. Even though that's my opinion PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND ME RETARDED HATE MAIL "CORRECTING" ME, THX.
Gabe:
This game looks ****ing amazing. I’d say it was the best looking game I saw at the Show today. I would also say it’s probably the best looking game I’ve ever seen in my entire goddamned life. We all just stood there mesmerized by it, with our mouths wide open. Until you have seen this game running you cannot possibly comprehend how gorgeous it is. It’s like a big “**** you” to all the people who bitched about the cartoon look.
source:Penny Arcade

Old 05-24-02, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
That pause when you hit an enemy has definitely been there in Ocarina and I actually like it. It's the best when you see that pause, you know you just kicked some ass. It looks so good, I'm glad I never said anything bad about the cel-shaded look. It's great to be an optimist.