Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GBA Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-02, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GBA Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku

Circuit City will have it in store this Friday for $22.99 with a free trading card. Bestbuy Website still shows up at $32.99

Jerry
Old 05-15-02, 12:09 AM

Bestbuy already has it on their shelves.
Old 05-15-02, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sweet! Thats the best price I've seen so far, don't really need the trading card though but hey, its free. Guess that means I'm going to Circuit City after lunch, was this advertised in the weekly flyer? Then I might be able to PM Best Buy and save more.
Old 05-15-02, 01:50 AM

Originally posted by Outlaw
Sweet! Thats the best price I've seen so far, don't really need the trading card though but hey, its free. Guess that means I'm going to Circuit City after lunch, was this advertised in the weekly flyer? Then I might be able to PM Best Buy and save more.
Yeah, it's on their Ad.

Jerry
Old 05-15-02, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is the reason I'm going to buy a GBA.
Old 05-15-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has anyone played the game yet?

Chris
Old 05-15-02, 10:53 PM

Yes, I have it. I'm about a half hour into it. I'm going to give it a little more time for it to get better, but so far it's a disappointment.

It's a definite Zelda type adventure. Goku starts out with 2 attacks: punch and a ki blast. According to the manual he'll be able to get 2 more types of ki blasts: Kamehamea and a Solar Flare. The game is set up like an RPG. Goku gains experience and levels up when he kills enemies. There's not too much fighting in beginning other then snakes, dogs and dinosaurs. So don't expect a definitive Dragonball Z experience. As a Zelda-type adventure the game still doesn't please as a Dragonball fan would hope it would. Pretty much, the game is frustrating and the simple fact that Goku can die by a few snake bites really boggles the mind. Also, like an RPG Goku has an inventory that he keeps for health items he acquires. For about a half hour into the game I only have 3 health items which i already used. The game offers no stores for Goku to purchase more(as far as I know) and Goku has no spells he can use to heal himself. So pretty much you have a very frustrating game on your hands. Plus, once you die it's gameover, so if you didn't save like every five minutes you can find yourself in a rough spot. That's another negative, the saving. The game only gives you 3 save spots and the menu doesn't let you know what time you saved the game so if you haven't played for awhile you wouldn't know which was your last save unless you loaded it up.

So, I say skip this one. I'm a half hour into it and I already don't want to keep going. However, I'll give it a chance because I bought it and I hope there just has to be more to it then just this.
Old 05-17-02, 04:54 PM

Did anybody else get the collector's trading card? I didn't get it and I was offer no explanation why they don't have it.

Jerry