DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   is Resident evil code veronica for PS2 any good? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/207277-resident-evil-code-veronica-ps2-any-good.html)

csim 05-13-02 01:28 PM

is Resident evil code veronica for PS2 any good?

They have it at blockbuster for 20 dollars and i was wondering if this game is as good as resident evil 1,2,3. Or is it this game not worth purchasing.

IC_Freeze 05-13-02 01:59 PM

not as good as the dc version but still worth it

Lethal Nemesis 05-13-02 06:34 PM

It's worth it, especially at only $20.

Snake Plissken 05-13-02 07:45 PM

It is so worth it. Awesome graphics, great story, hard gameplay.

Ergyu 05-14-02 01:02 AM

I didn't get through all of CV on the DC, but isn't it the same game on the ps2 but with just better gfx? How can it not be as good as the DC version?

Lethal Nemesis 05-14-02 01:23 AM

Originally posted by Ergyu
I didn't get through all of CV on the DC, but isn't it the same game on the ps2 but with just better gfx? How can it not be as good as the DC version?
I haven't played the DC version, so I can't really compare the graphics, but I've heard that the DC version looks slightly better. I'm guessing it has something to do with the DC's ability to display better textures.

csim 07-06-02 12:09 AM

I finally bought the game a I was wondering how long did it take u people to beat this game.

Josh H 07-06-02 12:15 AM

Been awhile so I don't remember for sure, but it was in the 10-12 hour range.

Cardiff Giant11 07-06-02 12:25 AM

It's a decent game if you like the RE series. However, there are some parts where you'll want to tear you hair out. Make sure you keep several save files. It's definitely not the best RE game but it's pretty good. I think it took me around 12 hours to beat it.

Snake Plissken 07-06-02 07:05 AM

Code Veronica is still better than Resident Evil on GameCube.

djones6746 07-06-02 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Code Veronica is still better than Resident Evil on GameCube.

I would have to disagree with you on that one.......just finished playing as Chris on the new version of Resident Evil. While Code Veronica is very very good.....the new RE on the Gamecube gives us an example of what is to come for RE0 and more importantly RE4.

As far as the original question.....Code Veronica is a great game and as people mentioned...at $20.00 you just cannot beat that price. Look for the BB coupon in Electronic Gaming Monthly for $5.00 off video games $19.99 and up. :)

sniper308 07-06-02 11:09 AM

As far as the original question.....Code Veronica is a great game and as people mentioned...at $20.00 you just cannot beat that price. Look for the BB coupon in Electronic Gaming Monthly for $5.00 off video games $19.99 and up.
Isn't the $5 off coupon for Best Buy, not BlockBuster?

Cardiff Giant11 07-06-02 11:11 AM

Just a head's up, the game is now part of the PS2 greatest hits(although it doesn't include the Devil May Cry Demo Disc anymore) so you can get it brand new anywhere for 19.99. If you can find a coupon to use that would make it even cheaper.
Edit-As far as Code Veronica being better than RE on the cube, I've gotta disagree. Code Veronica is good but it's really just another RE game with an average story. Perhaps I'm just a sucker for the amazing graphics and additional areas in the cube RE but there's no way I'd say I preferred CV over the cube RE remake.
Spoiler:
the character switching, often without warning, often left me screwed in CV as Claire or Chris had an item in their inventory that the other needed because I forgot to put it in the item box.
. Definitely check it out as it's a good game for the price though.

djones6746 07-06-02 11:22 AM

Originally posted by sniper308

Isn't the $5 off coupon for Best Buy, not BlockBuster?

Best Buy is what I meant by BB. :)

sniper308 07-06-02 01:10 PM

Originally posted by djones6746

Best Buy is what I meant by BB. :)

Sorry ... the original poster mentioned BlockBuster, and I was not aware it was now a greatest hits title...

djones6746 07-06-02 01:14 PM

Originally posted by sniper308

Sorry ... the original poster mentioned BlockBuster, and I was not aware it was now a greatest hits title...

That's ok...I may pick this up again for the PS2....beat the Dreamcast version and sold it sometime ago. For this price.....just can't beat it!!!! :)