DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Looking for SNES smaller version (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/203275-looking-snes-smaller-version.html)

Bax53 04-27-02 04:20 PM

Looking for SNES smaller version

Any one know where to find a SNES besides EBAY?

Aghama 04-27-02 04:26 PM

That's likely the only place you're going to get it. I have one...it's kind of flaky, and it doesn't have a power LED which is pretty irritating. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Jeremy517 04-27-02 04:49 PM

I agree. The original is better IMO.

Deftones 04-27-02 05:40 PM

I know where you can get one if you are desperate for one. But, it will cost you a fair amount. Email me personally if you want to know how to get your hands one.

ClarkKentKY 04-27-02 09:05 PM

I've never seen one of these before. I was confused about what you all were talking about, so i checked on EBAY... I've never even heard of these, when were they released?

Breakfast with Girls 04-27-02 10:56 PM

It's really not worth it for the cost.

tylerwillis 04-28-02 02:43 AM

It's not worth it... I actually have found 2 for cheap at pawn shops and bought them to eBay... at first, I thought I would keep one. But then I discovered that it will not support s-video output. That alone makes it not worth it.

And yes, it was made after the original line, I believe as a way to sell more units. Similitar to Sony's new PS1 and the old Playstation.

Aghama 04-28-02 10:08 AM

Originally posted by tylerwillis
at first, I thought I would keep one. But then I discovered that it will not support s-video output. That alone makes it not worth it.
I've noticed that too. Does the original version?

Mezzanine 04-28-02 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
I've noticed that too. Does the original version?
Yes, the original SNES does indeed support S-Video output.

Aghama 04-28-02 02:05 PM

Originally posted by Mezzanine

Yes, the original SNES does indeed support S-Video output.

Hey Bax53, want to buy mine?

Pasco 04-28-02 06:18 PM

I've heard about the no S-video thing for the SNES "2", but it still uses the same ports, so why wouldn't it? I bought a S-video cable for my SNES "2", but have yet to try it. If you connect it via S-video does anything show up on the screen?

Aghama 04-28-02 06:34 PM

Originally posted by Pasco
I've heard about the no S-video thing for the SNES "2", but it still uses the same ports, so why wouldn't it? I bought a S-video cable for my SNES "2", but have yet to try it. If you connect it via S-video does anything show up on the screen?
Nope, you get sound and that's it. When I got my SNES 2.0 off ebay, I immediately tried plugging in the s-video cable from my GC...I thought it was busted until I tried the composite cables.

tylerwillis 04-28-02 09:59 PM

Originally posted by Pasco
The support for S-Video is not on the board at all. It was cut in an effort to make the unit smaller. So while it uses the same connector, the s-video cable will not work, but RCA will.

mijang 04-29-02 12:21 AM

I always wondered why Nintendo never released a smaller version of the N64 -- they did it with both the NES and SNES. I always thought it had something to do with the N64's lack of success compared to earlier consoles. Any thoughts?

Pasco 04-29-02 12:31 AM

Good thing I kept my original SNES. One day I hope to hook it up with S-video. Unfortunately, my old Sony TV only has one S-video input, and that's for my DVD player. The other imputs are for my VCR and then a whole bunch of switch boxes (S-video compatible) full of game systems. Does anyone know if the Super8 is S-video compatible? I got it off of eBay a while ago. I have it hooked up to the small SNES, but it's really designed for the original.

Since we're on the subject of older systems, do any of the Genesis systems / peripherals have S-video compatibility?

Bax53 04-30-02 11:44 PM

up