DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   system vs. System (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/201555-system-vs-system.html)

bennyboy865 04-20-02 11:23 PM

system vs. System

I heard that gamecube was going to be like Sega and just stop w/ the product and then later go make games for different systems. Personally i like SNES, PS2 & XBOX. Which company do you think is the best

ScandalUMD 04-20-02 11:33 PM

A lot of people think Nintendo will follow Sega's lead because it is smaller than Sony and Microsoft. However, Nintendo is a massive corporation in its own right, and Sega struggled with a string of failures for years before finally bowing out of the market.

Nintendo has consistantly been profitable, unlike Sega. The Game Boy brand is hugely successful, and Nintendo has the ability to put out first-party system selling, million selling titles on a regular basis. Also, Nintendo's strategy revolves partially around proprietary media, which means Nintendo makes more money on third party games, because third parties have to pay Nintendo for manufacturing.

Essentially, Nintendo isn't going anywhere. Microsoft might not be able to hang around, though. The XBox has not exactly been adopted with open arms, and Microsoft lacks the first party muscle to succeed with minimal third party support, as Nintendo did with N64.

bennyboy865 04-21-02 12:05 AM

Come on people vote or reply PLEASE!

Josh H 04-21-02 10:24 AM

We really don't need another of these which system/company is best threads. They just encoourage console bashing. Plus it's been done several times already. If you're really curious as to what people think on this topic, do a search. It's been discussed a couple times in the past.

darkside 04-21-02 12:27 PM

Enough already.

Buy the console you like and don't worry about it which company is best. I have no regrets about the Dreamcast, 3DO, or any other console I have bought because I always found plenty of games I enjoyed on every console. As long as there are games you want to play then the console is worth buying and whether your console is number 2 or 3 in sales doesn't matter. Which system is number one? You can go by sales figures, by number of games you like, by any number of things.

It really doesn't matter.

mljones99 04-21-02 01:17 PM

are these threads neccessary?

djones6746 04-21-02 01:42 PM

I would have voted but my choice was not on the list...... ;) :wave:

Jackskeleton 04-21-02 02:09 PM

mesa thinks theresa gonna be a war :p

theres no need for this thread. ALL the systems have there big advantages and disadvantages. no reason to have back and forth "____ is better"

Thrillhouse 04-21-02 04:21 PM

OK, heres my case, I love Sega. I'm an Arcade fanatic, and a pick-up-n-play kinda guy. Crazy Taxi, Sega Sports, Monkey Ball, JGR, Sega Bass, and Virtua Cop anr some of my favs. Although I don't think I would ever buy a Sega consol again.

huh? 04-21-02 04:25 PM

holy crap... i didn't know there were three systems out.

namja 04-21-02 06:08 PM

bennyboy and others,

we've had plenty (too many?) of these threads. and yes, these almost always lead to system bashing or personal attacks. current discussion on consoles can be found in these thread:

What does the future hold?
How many game systems do you currently own/ have owned

closing this thread.