Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Where is the best place online to buy an X-box Console?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-02, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if it would be smart to buy the X box now or wait until after E3. Also i know of the deals on gamestop.com but is there a better website to get a new X-box console for a cheaper price? thanks for the help guys.
TRON
stay frosty...
Old 04-18-02, 03:53 PM

If you waited this long, you might just wait until after E3. Who knows what type of announcements might come during then. I would also suggest not making a purchase like this online. I would get it from a store where you could get an extended warranty and know you have some place you trust to take it back to if it should break. I'm not saying that they're lemons but I've heard of too many of them breaking down quickly. My friends dvd drive has already broke twice in the last six months.
Old 04-18-02, 03:58 PM

I agree with you on the extended warranty idea, but do you think that there will be better deals (including extra controllers, perhaps even a game) in the B&M stores? Bestbuy is the only chain that i can think of that maybe able to include something more on top of a price reduction. Thats even if there is going to be one.
TRON
Old 04-18-02, 04:00 PM

Right now at Toys R Us they have an ad in their store where if you buy a new system (PS2. GC, Xbox) and a game -- you receive a $25 TRU gift card... I think that's a pretty good deal.

I think it runs from this week until the last week of May.
Old 04-18-02, 04:19 PM

Thanks for the tip, i think i will try the toy r us website to see if i can get around the tax!
TRON
Old 04-18-02, 04:24 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I would wait until after E3. Microsoft has already announced a price drop for the console in Europe, and they may do the same here in the U.S. to stay competitive with Sony, who is expected to announce a price drop on the PS2 at E3.
Old 04-18-02, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think at Kb you get $20 off when you buy an item $99.99 or more. Not sure if it's off or a gc.
Old 04-18-02, 08:08 PM

So, when is the E3 show gonna start? I would like to know the timeline.

Also, can you get 5.1 and DTS with the x-box?
Old 04-18-02, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't have the link, but if you search this forum you should be able to find it ...

EBgames.com Rebate Coupon Receive a $25 rebate coupon when you purchase an Xbox, GameCube or PlayStation 2 video game system plus any game* and any accessory.** $25 Rebate Coupon
*PlayStation 2 game must be valued $19.99 or higher.
**Accessory must be valued at $9.99 or higher.

Offer valid April 1, 2002, to April 30, 2002.

To print this rebate coupon, select "Print" from the file menu.

Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated on or before April 30, 2002) and the original proof of purchase (UPC code) from the box to: EBgames.com Web Rebate Coupon 770 Pilot Road Suite F Las Vegas, NV 89119 Forms must be received by June 15, 2002. All incomplete forms will be discarded. One rebate per person per address. No dealers please. $25.00 rebate will be sent, by e-mail, in the form of an EBgames.com rebate coupon code, which may be used only at EBgames.com. EBgames.com gift coupons must be used in full. Credit for unused portions will be forfeited. EBgames.com is not responsible for lost or stolen mail or misdirected email.
Old 04-19-02, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by dvdordie
So, when is the E3 show gonna start? I would like to know the timeline.

Also, can you get 5.1 and DTS with the x-box?
http://www.e3expo.com

May 21-24th. so in one month.

worth the wait if you might be able to save 50-100 dollars.
Old 04-19-02, 09:46 AM

www.gamestop.com

Buy an XBOX and get any game you want for free. You have to buy their package though- console with 2 controllers and a DVD movie playback kit. Shipping is only $10.00 and you can sell the DVD kit on ebay if you don't need it. If you buy online, you can get an extended warranty through Microsoft anyway.
Old 04-19-02, 10:58 AM

That seems to be the best deal going online. I will probably go ahead and get it now, unless this new Spiderman game gets better for my PS2...
TRON