Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tony Hawk 3 Xbox... Should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-02, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tony Hawk 3 Xbox... Should I buy?

I've been reading reviews and they are all great. I have never played Tony Hawk before, and I just got Rallisport Challenge. I can get it for $37.25. Should I wait till Rallisport challenge gets old, or take the plunge? Oh and I already oh like $245 on my credit card... That is the major factor I should say.
Old 04-12-02, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you've never played a TOny Hawk game before, I say go for it. They are tons of fun. I however, just traded my THPS3 because I've played all three to death, and as far as 'extreme' games go, I much prefer SSX:Tricky...

but yes, I say buy it.
Old 04-12-02, 10:18 AM
Mod Emeritus

That's a tough call... I bought it but after I go through it it went out the door pretty quickly.
Old 04-12-02, 10:40 AM
Retired

If you've never played any of the THPS games then I definitely get it. I have it for the GCN and haven't played it in a month or two. But that's because I'm burnt out on the series from playing the first two games on the Dreamcast. It's basically the same thing over again, just in different levels. I doubt I'll ever buy another skateboarding game because I'm so sick of them.

But if you've never played it, at least rent it and give it a shot. It's a blast the first few times through.
Old 04-12-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I would say yes and also look at Amped.
Old 04-12-02, 10:54 AM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by joshhinkle
If you've never played any of the THPS games then I definitely get it. I have it for the GCN and haven't played it in a month or two. But that's because I'm burnt out on the series from playing the first two games on the Dreamcast. It's basically the same thing over again, just in different levels. I doubt I'll ever buy another skateboarding game because I'm so sick of them.

But if you've never played it, at least rent it and give it a shot. It's a blast the first few times through.
That's accurate of me. After I beat the game I didn't feel compelled to keep playing and tricking like I did with TH2. Actually I would recommend JSRF over TH3, bigtime. So take a look at that one too.
Old 04-12-02, 11:00 AM
Cool New Member

If you have never played Tony Hawk before you might want to consider Tony Hawk 2X...if you like it you can get the other one later, but for now you can get it for like $24.00 at half.com.

Real fun game...even if you have never seen a skateboard
Old 04-12-02, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was never a fan of playing Skateboarding games....and I cant get enough of this one! I have played it non stop since buying it the day it came out. I will unlock everything!
Old 04-12-02, 11:57 AM

I read up on JSRF, but I saw that numerous people thought it was too easy. THPS3 seems to have a better replay value, and an option to play online with Gamespy...
Old 04-12-02, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i would get it. my friend with an Xbox has it and he put his own music too it, and we have a great time playing it. lots of replay value too. very cool title.
Old 04-12-02, 12:03 PM

Well, I just noticed I have a $35 credit on one of my credit cards... so I'd only have to pay $2.25 for it hehehe
Old 04-17-02, 12:25 PM

Thanks in part of the suggestions from this thread, I purchased and received Tony Hawk 3 yesterday. This is the first game in a long time that has made my thumbs sore! Great game... It took a while to get used to though, since I have never played a game quite like this. It tops my Rallisport Challenge in the fun factor department, MAJORLY!
Thanks Again!
Old 04-17-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Natedogg
Thanks in part of the suggestions from this thread, I purchased and received Tony Hawk 3 yesterday. This is the first game in a long time that has made my thumbs sore! Great game... It took a while to get used to though, since I have never played a game quite like this. It tops my Rallisport Challenge in the fun factor department, MAJORLY!
Thanks Again!
Old 04-17-02, 12:50 PM
Retired

No problemo. I figured you'd love it if you hadn't played the first two to death. It's easily the best of the series, but for me it's just to similar to the first two which I played tons of on the DC. It just doesn't hold my interest any more.
Old 04-18-02, 08:21 PM

IMO, THPS series games are dope! I mean, even after all these years, I still play THPS-2 on my PC from time to time when I get bored surfing the net.

Promising myself to play a few rounds, I would always end up playing for 3+ hours.

Great game, great concept, sore thumbs.

Hehehe...