Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Super MOnkey Ball for GBA!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/020327/270101_1.html

Wednesday March 27, 8:31 am Eastern Time

Press Release

SOURCE: THQ Inc.

THQ and SEGA Announce Next Round of Games in Game Boy Advance
Co-Publishing Agreement

VIRTUA TENNIS (working title) to Release in Late 2002; CRAZY TAXI (working title), SUPER
MONKEY BALL (working title) and PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION (working title) to Release in
Early 2003

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 27, 2002-- THQ Inc. (Nasdaq:THQI - news) and SEGA®
Corporation today announced the next round of titles in their exclusive, 16 title Game Boy® Advance co-publishing agreement.

VIRTUA TENNIS(TM) (working title) is scheduled for release in late 2002, while CRAZY TAXI(TM) (working title), SUPER
MONKEY BALL(TM) (working title) and PHANTASY STAR(TM) COLLECTION (working title) are scheduled for early 2003
release. These titles are in addition to the previously announced six games the two companies are releasing through the first half
of 2003.

``By bringing these classic SEGA brands to Game Boy Advance, THQ continues to execute on its strategy of releasing top
brands that carry incredible consumer demand,'' said Alison Locke, executive vice president, North American Publishing, THQ.
``The success of our recently released SONIC ADVANCE(TM) for Game Boy Advance speaks to the strength of SEGA's
brands among the expanding Game Boy Advance audience.''

``Working together with THQ, SEGA is bringing some of our most coveted franchises to the Game Boy Advance platform
including SUPER MONKEY BALL and CRAZY TAXI,'' said Charles Bellfield, vice president of strategic planning and corporate
affairs, SEGA of America. ``Combining the strength of our game content with THQ's expertise publishing to the handheld gaming
platform, we expect to further build on the success we have had to date in this ongoing relationship with THQ.''

The next round of Game Boy Advance games scheduled to be published by THQ and SEGA include the following:

VIRTUA TENNIS (working title) -- VIRTUA TENNIS (working title) follows the easy-to-play, addictive style of its SEGA
Dreamcast(TM) counterpart. The game puts up to four players at the net in Tournament and Exhibition matches or lets Game
Boy Advance owners train their own player in World Circuit mode. VIRTUA TENNIS (working title) is scheduled for release in
late 2002.

CRAZY TAXI (working title) -- CRAZY TAXI (working title) for Game Boy Advance combines the action and arcade style of
its Dreamcast predecessors with new locales and exciting mini-games. Players take on the role of a taxi driver and race to make
as much money as possible in single or multiplayer games. CRAZY TAXI (working title) is scheduled for release in early 2003.

SUPER MONKEY BALL (working title) -- Up to four players control monkeys trapped in translucent spheres in a mix of
surreal and silly games in SUPER MONKEY BALL (working title) for Game Boy Advance. Players can try their hands at
navigating a series of floor-shifting puzzles or play mini-games where they knock each other off floating platforms or race
through mid-air half-pipe courses. SUPER MONKEY BALL (working title) is scheduled to release in early 2003.

PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION (working title) -- An RPG gamer's ultimate dream, PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION
(working title) brings together the classic original three Phantasy Star titles in one package. PHANTASY STAR COLLECTION
(working title) for Game Boy Advance is scheduled to release in early 2003.
Old 03-27-02, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes!!!!

monkey ball rules
and gba monkey ball will be that much better!
Old 03-27-02, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Virtua Tennis has got me excited!
Old 03-27-02, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
yes!!!!

monkey ball rules
and gba monkey ball will be that much better!
I'm really looking forward to this as well. Though I am wondering how it will play without the analog stick.
Old 03-27-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would think it would be controlled like 'kirby tilt', where you just move your gameboy around.

Could be very cool.

..But i really don't play too much monkey ball single player. I mainly just play party games with my friends.

Now if only they'd bring Virtual Tennis to the GC..
Old 03-27-02, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Zodo
I would think it would be controlled like 'kirby tilt', where you just move your gameboy around.

Could be very cool.
Kirby's tilt and Tumble is very cool !! It would be neat to see that for super monkey ball, but it would make the game even harder than it is now....well actually it could work I think if they make the tilt really sensitive. It sure would be funny people tilting their GBA's really fast left and right playing head to head .
Old 03-27-02, 03:54 PM

..But i really don't play too much monkey ball single player. I mainly just play party games with my friends.
Me too. Actually I might only get this if it has Monkey Target. Though if it does have the "Kirby tilt" I would definitely get it for the novelty factor.
Old 03-27-02, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Christ, I'm much more excited about the Phantasy Star Collection than Super Monkey Ball. That will definitely have a place in my stack of games!
Old 03-27-02, 06:10 PM

I can't wait to see how they go about putting Crazy Taxi on it. Virtua Tennis is going to be great!
Old 03-28-02, 09:03 AM

Received 770 Likes on 503 Posts
But wouldn't suck since the GBA is not back lit, and using the lights would be hard.

WARNING: This game may only be played with the tilt feature during daylight hours or in a well lit room. Playing this game while riding in a car may injure others... especially when you are driving!

But I'll be getting it... I love playing it on my GCN... maybe they'll do a SMB II for the GCN and make it work with the GBA version...????