DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Is Mr. Mosquito any good? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/195027-mr-mosquito-any-good.html)

Gdrlv 03-26-02 04:18 PM

Is Mr. Mosquito any good?

I was thinking about picking this one up...looks strange and quirky, and I like that in a game. Is it worth it or should I buy VirtuaFighter 4 instead?

Groucho 03-26-02 04:24 PM

Wasn't there some controversy over this game? Comparing it to rape or something? My memory is really fuzzy, but it seems like I heard something of that nature.

joshd2012 03-26-02 05:09 PM

I'm going to wait til this title goes down to $20 before I pick it up. The graphics aren't that good.

El-Kabong 03-27-02 06:54 PM

Re: Is Mr. Mosquito any good?

Originally posted by Gdrlv
I was thinking about picking this one up...looks strange and quirky, and I like that in a game. Is it worth it or should I buy VirtuaFighter 4 instead?
I was lucky enough to pick the Japanese version of this up just a little bit ago. Unfortunatly I was unlucky enough to get fired from work just after that, so I didnt get a chance to play it as much as I'd like (that was my only access to a development PS2) - but what I did play was damn addictive.

Sure the graphics werent too cutting edge, but that's fine. The gameplay more than made up for it.

Trigger 04-18-02 07:04 AM

I bought it off half.com for 30 bucks and it came sealed... nice. :) It's a decent game. Pretty cool gameplay. The challenges get progressively more difficult with each level. The cutscenes are annoying and yet funny at the same time. I'd suggest this as a rental for sure... I haven't finished the game, so I can't tell you if there is any replayability or longevity for this game. I think it's worth 30 bucks, but I wouldn't suggest paying more. Feel free to ask questions about the game or whatever - I can go into more detail, I just don't know if anyone really cares. :)

joshd2012 04-18-02 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I bought it off half.com for 30 bucks and it came sealed... nice. :) It's a decent game. Pretty cool gameplay. The challenges get progressively more difficult with each level. The cutscenes are annoying and yet funny at the same time. I'd suggest this as a rental for sure... I haven't finished the game, so I can't tell you if there is any replayability or longevity for this game. I think it's worth 30 bucks, but I wouldn't suggest paying more. Feel free to ask questions about the game or whatever - I can go into more detail, I just don't know if anyone really cares. :)
Thanks for the update. I think I will wait to purhcase this game when it drops to $20. Just to have something that is different. Replayability is important, but I did purchase ICO on the day of release, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad to have another game I would never play again.