Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rallisport Challenge Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-02, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rallisport Challenge Rocks!

I can't believe nobody is talking about this game for X-box. Without a doubt one of the best console racing games ever.
The graphics are up there with Halo and DOA3 (but not quite as good) for best on the system and the gameplay is a blast. The amount of detail in the tracks and the balance between a simulation and arcade feel is just about perfect. When you are flying up the side of a mountain in the rain, it really has a sense of speed and the challange of staying on the road. Not to mention the extra cool ice racing mode. Overall I have played this more in the first couple days than most recent X-box titles.

Anyone else get it?
Old 03-10-02, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm thinking about picking it up maņana. Looks too good to pass up. I really need a good Xbox game.
Old 03-10-02, 01:10 PM

Simply one of the best racing games available. There's a couple little things about the UI I would change, but the game is nicely designed, beautiful, and rock solid.

Too many hours this week lost to this game.

-Naan
Old 03-11-02, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked it up today and played it quite a bit. Very fun game. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. The graphics are incredible and I love being able to crank up my own soundtrack although the playlist functions are limited. I just unlocked the first extra batch of cars and tried my hand at some uphill climbs which were very impressive. I'll add more this week as I continue to play it.
Old 03-11-02, 12:12 PM

Do the Mountain courses and some new cars open after you beat the first set of 4 races and move to Expert level? (12,000 points).

I can't quite manage it yet, the last set or races where there are 7 or so courses from all the other sets, is giving me a really hard time. I always get close to winning a race and lose control sometime toward the end.. 1 screw up is all it takes and man is it pissing me off!
Old 03-11-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I have to say the ability to add your on music is a major plus for the XBOX.
Old 03-11-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BigDaddy
I have to say the ability to add your on music is a major plus for the XBOX.
Its really cool, but I hate having the damn thing play the same song over and over.
Old 03-12-02, 12:03 AM

Is the playlist option as good as Amped or more like Tony Hawk 2X or Dave Mirra(which only choose the first 20 songs from a playlist with no randomize option)?

I'm thinking of getting a racer and am between Rallisport and Project Gotham.
Old 03-12-02, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by C-Killer Redux
Is the playlist option as good as Amped or more like Tony Hawk 2X or Dave Mirra(which only choose the first 20 songs from a playlist with no randomize option)?

I'm thinking of getting a racer and am between Rallisport and Project Gotham.
I can easily recommend Rallisport over Project Gotham. I'm not too familiar with PGR's playlist options, but I wouldn't let that be the main criterion for deciding between these two racers.
Old 03-13-02, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sounds interesting. I've been looking for a good racing game for the XBox after the terrible disappointment which was Wreckless. My XBox is in serious need of an A+ title since I finished Halo.