DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Need FF X help[spoilers possible] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/185353-need-ff-x-help%5Bspoilers-possible%5D.html)

Cardiff Giant11 02-19-02 10:08 PM

Need FF X help[spoilers possible]

So I'm stuck yet again in FFX. I'm on the airship and have fought the three parts of sin and beaten them. I'm now at the point where sin falls to the ground and then comes up to the airship and you fight it. I keep dieing because Sin eventually uses it's Overdrive. I'm using Tidus, Rikku, and Auron. I've caste Haste on each one(I don't have hasteaga yet) and I'm using Auron's armor break, Tidus' regular attack, and Rikku is using alot of the Fire Gems. I still can't beat this thing. Anyone have any ideas? Non of my aeon's are at overdrive (as far as I recall) so that doesn't help. Should I just level up and get my three characters to overdrive first or is there something I'm missing? Thanks for any and all help.

timewaster 02-19-02 10:23 PM

You should get all your aeons to overdrive before entering the fight. Also, when sin uses his overdrive, call in your aeon to take the punishment.

Cardiff Giant11 02-19-02 11:05 PM

I tried using an Aeon but Sin killed it and it was Game Over. It didn't even allow me to go back to using Yuna and my two other party members. I'll try the overdrives though.

C-Killer Redux 02-20-02 12:42 AM

You may have to build up your guys and aeons before taking him on. The key is not to use magic against Sin or it'll charge the Overdrive more. There is no way to survive Sin's Overdrive, Aeon or not. I suggest getting Yuna's Overdrive, Bahamut's, and if you have it Valefor's 2nd Overdrive. Also pull out your two best fighters fight and get thier overdrive's too. Start out with Bahamut's, then have a fighter use thier's. Then another fighter's overdrive or use Valefor's 2nd or Grand Summon Bahamut again. Bahamut's Overdrive should do 25,000 damage with Valefor's 2nd causing at least 9,999 or past 25,000 if you used him a lot. If you're still having trouble winning before Sin uses Overdrive cast Haste on the two fighters and just attack.

ellone 02-20-02 06:53 AM

You have to have your Aeons in overdrive. I always used them against bosses and the game was cake. If you have Anima in overdrive, it does tons of damage against just about any boss.

Cardiff Giant11 02-20-02 03:32 PM

Well I tried again and sin still used it's overdrive on me. I had all 5 aeons in overdrive, plus Tidus. I used Valefors(it got about 9999), Ixion's(can't remember what damage it did but it was probably 9999), Bahaumut(did about 14865), and Shiva(did 9999) as well as Tidus' energy rain(did 4600 or so). Sin still got it's overdrive and used it. I still had Ifrit on overdrive too but I didn't get to use him since I died. What am I doing wrong? I cast haste on Yuna and starting doing the overdrives from the first time you are in range of sin. I used to think Yunalesca was hard but she was cake by comparison.

Lewsiv 02-20-02 03:41 PM

I would say you need to go out and gain experience with your characters and Aeons. If you haven't, you might want to look into getting some of the hidden Aeons and some of your characters ultimate weapons. Also, visiting the omega dungeon is a great way to build your characters quickly.

Cardiff Giant11 02-20-02 03:57 PM

ARGH! I tried once more. I used Bahamuts overdrive twice, Ifrit's, Ixions, Auron's, and Tidus. I think I only got sin down to about 70,000 before it used that damn overdrive. This fight shouldn't be this hard. Are my Aeons really weak or something? Also, I don't have Anima or any of the other optional Aeons. Would Anima make this battle more doable? Should I try and get it? Again thanks for all your help. I'm starting to remember why I hated this game when I first bought it: frustratingly hard bosses!

Dragon Fly 02-20-02 04:46 PM

I went into the fight with Auto Haste on both Auron and Tidus, Break HP limit on Tidus and Break damage limit on both. I think the battle took all of 5 seconds and Sin didn't even get an attack, too easy.

todd

BigDave 02-20-02 07:00 PM

Having Anima and the other stronger Aeons will make things much, much easier.

I'd also suggest just spending some time leveling up your characters.

quietsoul 02-21-02 02:16 PM

hmm... what levels are your characters at? i don't remember having this much trouble beating sin. plus, do you have hastega? if you do, just cast it on your strongest fighters (tidus, wakka, auron). plus, is there an option to talk to sin?

maybe you should head on over to gamefaqs and read the suggestions it has.

Cardiff Giant11 02-21-02 02:34 PM

I have been relying on Game Faqs and I read up on how to beat Sin. Still haven't done it but from leveling up Auron and Tidus have around 5400hp each and I need to revisit two temples and then I'll have anima. I figure with that I'll be good(oh and I finally got Hasteaga so that'll help too).

Kellehair 02-21-02 03:07 PM

I just beat Sin a few hours ago and it wasn't difficult at all. I'm not trying to sound cool, like some other people in this thread, it was just a lot easier than I thought. Anyways, I had Yuna cast Holy, Lulu cast Flare, and Titus cast Hastaga and then feed the other 2 with Ethers.

Cardiff Giant11 02-22-02 03:09 PM

Well I was finally able to do it. I got Anima and Yuna had learned Holy. I used Holy, Anima's Overdrive, Auron's Banishing Blade, Tidus' Energy Rain, and Bahamut's Overdrive and I was able to beat the Sin head without any problem at all. I even had enough money to go back to the Calm Lands and get Yojimbo.Now I'm inside Sin. Man those monsters are strong. If I get stuck I'll probably post again. Thanks for al the help.