Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - Music comments...

Old 02-05-02, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - Music comments...

You gotta wash your ass? What the hell? I didn't mind the music from the second game, but the music on this third game has got to go. Can't wait for the Xbox version when I can use my own music. I gotta wash my ass and brush my teeth? What the? I like the Motorhead song and Amoeba by the Adolescents. Outside of that the soundtrack is lacking. They put a Guttermouth song in there which is nice for them - they're really nice guys and I'm sure Mark was excited about it, but why even bother putting a song with swears on a soundtrack if you bleep out the swears? Guttermouth has a few good songs that don't have swearing in them... I'm not a baby, dammit.

Also - I know this isn't about music, but I think they made too much of this game be secret locked stuff. There's all sorts of hidden levels, but not enough regular levels I think. They should give you more levels right off. Plus - you gotta be a kung fu master to get a gold medal in Tokyo or something?
Old 02-05-02, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, overall the soundtrack didn't do much for me. Then again I played the game for so long that I'm sure any music would have lost its appeal after a while. There were long stretches of the game where I muted the music completely.

About Tokyo. I found I was able to rack up a 300,000 point combo right at the beginning by taking a 90-degree left turn right after the roll-in. Perform a trick on the half-pipe, revert, manual to the half-pipe on the opposite side of the arena (try to throw a kick-flip in), perform another trick on the next half-pipe, revert, manual back to the other side (try another kick-flip), this time grind the top of the half-pipe. Some sort of combination of the above tricks should yield a 300,000+ score which is good enough to usually win the gold.
Old 02-05-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am the complete opposite. I think the soundtrack is great. I have been playing for hours and hours.
Old 02-05-02, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 - Music comments...

Originally posted by Trigger

Also - I know this isn't about music, but I think they made too much of this game be secret locked stuff. There's all sorts of hidden levels, but not enough regular levels I think. They should give you more levels right off. Plus - you gotta be a kung fu master to get a gold medal in Tokyo or something?
How's that? There's only one single player level to unlock; the others are just multiplayer levels from previous games. As for the Tokyo being hard...THPS3 is definitely a lot easier than THPS2.
Old 02-05-02, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought the music was great! I usually only listen to hip-hop but I was able to enjoy almost every song in the game. Ace of Spades was especially awesome too.
Old 02-05-02, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just wash your ass, ok? If it get's to the point that a video game tells you to then you may as well do it.

Old 02-05-02, 11:04 AM
Retired

I hate the soundtrack too. It's seems a little rap heavy and I hate rap, plus the other songs aren't very good either IMO. The only one I really like is Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones and the Bad Religion song.

I just haven't clicked with this game. I think I burned myself out on the first two, and this is more or less more of the same. I unlocked all the levels and have hardly touched it since. I have it up for trade for Pikmin in the exchange forum if anyone's interested.
Old 02-05-02, 11:07 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

If it sucks that bad, I will just use my custom soundtracks when the XBox version comes out. No biggie.
Old 02-05-02, 11:19 AM
Retired

I forgot to mention that you can go into the options and turn off some of the songs so that they don't play. I did that to most of the rap songs, including that "wash you ass, or else you'll be funky" crap.
Old 02-05-02, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Of course it's more of the same.

I actually don't mind the soundtrack. I like THPS2's the best though. And I actually can;t stand that Motorhead song or Amoeba..so those two are turned off.

At least the rap they put on there is older style stuff, like KRS-one and Del tha Funkay Homosapien.
Old 02-05-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Liver&Onions

At least the rap they put on there is older style stuff, like KRS-one and Del tha Funkay Homosapien.
Of course, the Del song is from two years ago. It's honestly one of my least favorite songs on its album; it's pretty much a throwaway gag song.
Old 02-05-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it was a pretty good soundtrack overall, but I did turn off most of it after awhile. I usally skated to Motorhead or CKY.
Old 02-05-02, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd actually like future sequels the game to drop the songs alltogether and just go for some forgettable background music.
The songs get REALLY annoying the after you play through the game once.
Old 02-06-02, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Try this...

Turn up the Sound Effects. Turn Down the background music. Put in your favorite 'skate' CD and enjoy.
Old 02-06-02, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by troystiffler
Try this...

Turn up the Sound Effects. Turn Down the background music. Put in your favorite 'skate' CD and enjoy.
I love your sig. But can you be scary ?