DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Vote on the look of the new Zelda GCN game at nintendo.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/180932-vote-look-new-zelda-gcn-game-nintendo-com.html)

Josh H 02-04-02 07:42 PM

Vote on the look of the new Zelda GCN game at nintendo.com

http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepa...jsp?gameId=823

So far it's over 70% for the more realistic fantasy look, over 20% for who cares give me zelda, and over 8% for Celda.

Groucho 02-04-02 07:50 PM

I voted "Who cares?" The graphics are secondary to the gameplay for me, and both styles have their own merits.

diacritic 02-04-02 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
I voted "Who cares?" The graphics are secondary to the gameplay for me, and both styles have their own merits.
Same here; I don't care as long as they release it soon. I may even prefer Celda, because it could lead to innovations in gameplay. We could be getting one of each, though. I am sure that the Cube will get at least two Zelda games during its lifespan.

huh? 02-04-02 08:54 PM

i voted who cares as well. i just want the game to be as good as OOT... that is enough for me.

Aghama 02-04-02 09:02 PM

I voted "realistic" because while graphics are certainly second to gameplay...they're still second.

Josh H 02-04-02 09:11 PM

I voted realistic. I'll buy it either way as gameplays all that matters in deciding whether to buy a game or not. But I'd prefer to have the great Zelda game with the more realistic graphics from the old spaceworld video. I'm just not a big fan of cel-shaded graphics. Jet Grind Radio did nothing for me, but of course I hated the gameplay in that game as well.

But Zelda will be great, regardless of what it looks like, but I definitely prefer the realistic look over Celda.

Flay 02-04-02 10:40 PM

Well, I decided to not buy a GC when they announced Celda. If they go back to Zelda, (the way it should be), you can call me Mr. Gamecube.

What is 2D Link looking at down there?

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/previ...lda/celda9.jpg

The real Link of course.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/news/...zeldacube3.jpg

I don't think the Celda Link could handle this Ganon.

http://cubemedia.ign.com/media/news/...zeldacube1.jpg

I, of course, voted for the real Zelda.

Chaos 02-05-02 02:36 PM

Originally posted by Flay
Well, I decided to not buy a GC when they announced Celda. If they go back to Zelda, (the way it should be), you can call me Mr. Gamecube.

Didn't Nintendo say they were reconsidering the Celda look? Provided that's true, then this poll could be very influencial.

Liver&Onions 02-05-02 02:52 PM

What is 2D Link looking at down there?

Cell-shading to do not make it a 2D game. but according to this, JSRF is 2D as well?

I for one am very excited about playing "Celda". Regardless of what it looks like, it will eb a great game. I wonder was there such a fuss as this over the kick to the N64 version? People need to let Nintendo make the game they want(I am not singleing anyone out here, I am refering to the over 70% who are complaining.)

Flay 02-05-02 03:04 PM

Originally posted by Liver&Onions
Cell-shading to do not make it a 2D game. but according to this, JSRF is 2D as well?
In the case of the screenshots I have seen, it does give it a 2d image quality. In later stages of production, it will probably get a more 3d look like JSRF.

But Cel shading is a terrible step down from what it used to be, in my opinon anyway.

People need to let Nintendo make the game they want(I am not singleing anyone out here, I am refering to the over 70% who are complaining.)
The only people that can stop Nintendo from making the game they want is Nintendo.

Only 9% actually like Celda and 21% will buy it either way. If the number crunchers at Nintendo decide ignoring that remaining 70% is going to hurt sales, then artistic preference is worthless at this point.

Aghama 02-05-02 03:13 PM

Only 9% actually like Celda and 21% will buy it either way. If the number crunchers at Nintendo decide ignoring that remaining 70% is going to hurt sales, then artistic preference is worthless at this point.

That's an interesting perversion of the numbers. I fall into the 70%, but I'm buying the game no matter the graphics.

Flay 02-05-02 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Aghama

That's an interesting perversion of the numbers. I fall into the 70%, but I'm buying the game no matter the graphics.

Well it's quite obvious Nintendo will have to figure out how many of that 70% won't buy a Cel Shaded Zelda.

That's a given.

Aghama 02-05-02 03:30 PM

Well it's quite obvious Nintendo will have to figure out how many of that 70% won't buy a Cel Shaded Zelda.

That's a given.

If Nintendo is so foolish as to base their products off internet polls.

Edit: It's obvious that more people would prefer the pre-E3 Zelda, but Miyamoto is going cel-shaded because he wants to, not because he's under the mistaken impression that it will sell better.

Flay 02-05-02 03:37 PM

Originally posted by Aghama

If Nintendo is so foolish as to base their products off internet polls.

If any other site created it, I would agree with you. But Nintendo is the one that created this poll.

Do you think it's just there for foolish fun?

Aghama 02-05-02 03:40 PM

If any other site created it, I would agree with you. But Nintendo is the one that created this poll.

Do you think it's just there for foolish fun?

Yes, even disregarding the fact it's only NOA's site.

Get Me Coffee 02-05-02 06:10 PM

First this survey means nothing. It will not change the fact it's going to be "toon shaded" However, it's still statistical data that is being collected.

So if the sales aren't as high as accepted the dude who made this survey can laugh at Shigeru Miyamoto and say….gee 71.8% did not want this game. Next time do some research, market testing and use the tri-force before you jump into a game.

Anyway, that 71% is huge! I'm shocked that it's so high. I wouldn't be surprised if the survey was on a celda bashing site, but it's NOA.

Well time will only tell. I'm keeping my figures crossed. And if all fails we still have Zelda OoT ;)

Chaos 02-05-02 07:36 PM

If Nintendo changes the look, it doesn't mean that they'll change the gameplay. This Zelda could look really good and have the gameplay we've seen in the Celda look.

Outlaw 02-05-02 07:45 PM

I also voted "who cares?" I'm not going to skip it just because it looks different, if it has the awesome gameplay, characters, story, and music that makes Zelda what it is thats what counts. I actually thought it looked pretty cool. All the sites that were at Spaceworld have said that the quality of the internet videos and screencaps don't give a good indication of how good it amazing it looks in person anyway. I'm about 3/4 way through Oracle of seasons and its great! Just gimme Zelda!! ;)