DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Fun with Halo's Physics (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/180899-fun-halos-physics.html)

Naan 02-04-02 05:54 PM

Fun with Halo's Physics

Someone has too much time on their hands

You're gonna need Quicktime to view this.

FYI.. It's 23.2MB. Ouch. Worth it though.

-Naan

mkdevo 02-04-02 07:08 PM

holy sh*t!!! that was freakin' amazing! props to that guy for takin' the time to do that... wow.... :)

Tuan Jim 02-04-02 07:31 PM

Absolutely incredible. Totally wild.

Tuan Jim

Flay 02-04-02 08:07 PM

LOL! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen.

Static Cling 02-04-02 08:50 PM

That was pretty great... nice find. :) :thumbsup: :lol:

J-Dubya 02-04-02 10:42 PM

[cartman]pretty schwwweeeeet[/cartman]

edstein 02-04-02 11:02 PM

:eek:

That Rocks!

Naan 02-04-02 11:17 PM

Yeah....this one was too good to pass up. It went around the office most of the afternoon.

I know it's a big download, but it is certainly one of the best fan made game videos I've ever seen.

-Naan

BrinStar 02-05-02 12:23 AM

Brin and DJEvil give this Two Thumbs up.

Brin: "Easily the best film of the new year. Something the whole family can enjoy."

DJ Evil: "Narf Sqee Narf Narf BOOOOOOOOOM narf "

Gallant Pig 02-05-02 12:50 AM

Unbelievably AWESOME!!!!

Naan 02-05-02 02:10 AM

DJ Evil: "Narf Sqee Narf Narf BOOOOOOOOOM narf "
That has to be the best description of this video I've heard.

LOL

-Naan

Jackskeleton 02-05-02 02:52 AM

ah, I miss rocket jumping. ;)

Trigger 02-05-02 03:43 AM

sweet. :thumbsup:

rabbit77 02-05-02 01:06 PM

Dead link as of now. :(

Draven 02-05-02 01:09 PM

That was pretty cool, and very funny.

For us non-X-box owners, what weapon was he using to launch the vehicles? Look like some kind of grenade with two explosions, or two grenades...

Trigger 02-05-02 01:37 PM

Originally posted by draven-x
That was pretty cool, and very funny.

For us non-X-box owners, what weapon was he using to launch the vehicles? Look like some kind of grenade with two explosions, or two grenades...

The part in the beginning was showing how to set it up. You back the truck against that rock and make the gunner guy get out and then you plug him in the head. His weapon and his grenades will fall on the ground behind the truck. Then you hit the truck so it backs against the rock and position it just right. Then you toss a grenade under the truck and it'll blow up all the other grenades sending the warthog into outer space.

Draven 02-05-02 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Trigger

The part in the beginning was showing how to set it up. You back the truck against that rock and make the gunner guy get out and then you plug him in the head. His weapon and his grenades will fall on the ground behind the truck. Then you hit the truck so it backs against the rock and position it just right. Then you toss a grenade under the truck and it'll blow up all the other grenades sending the warthog into outer space.

Thanks,

I wasn't quite sure what was happening, as I've only played the first few levels at a friend's house. Cool stuff :)

Naan 02-05-02 02:29 PM

Looks like the site has exceeded its bandwidth.

Sorry if you didn't get a chance to check it out.

-Naan

mmconhea 02-05-02 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Naan
Looks like the site has exceeded its bandwidth.

Sorry if you didn't get a chance to check it out.

-Naan

aaaw crap!

Flay 02-05-02 02:52 PM

No Fear, the mirror is here!

http://www.maserati.ca/halo_warthog_jump_high.mov

J-Dubya 02-05-02 02:52 PM

I saved it on my hard drive. If anyone has a place to host it I'll upload it.

J-Dubya 02-05-02 02:53 PM

Originally posted by J-Dubya
I saved it on my hard drive. If anyone has a place to host it I'll upload it.
Nevermind, see post above

Trigger 02-05-02 04:23 PM

So - I'm trying to do this, but the guys I shoot don't have any grenades. I've tried on all different skill levels too. What's the deal? Did he do this on multiplayer or something? I'd like to know. I want to do this too. Is there a specific soldier guy who has grenades? ALso - how did he get more than one warthog there? From further on in the level? Did he like go back or what?

Naan 02-05-02 04:41 PM

There are a total of 3 warthog's available on the level as I recall.

The one that gets dropped in to you and then 2 more further up the beach.

The soldiers have somewhat random inventories. So it's a bit of a crap shoot as to whether they have grenades or not, but I would imagine that he went back to the beach battle area and picked up a few extras.

I guess it's also possible some cheat codes could have been involved, but I haven't even looked to see what codes are known for Halo.

No Fear, the mirror is here!
Flay, you da man.

-Naan

finbogg 02-06-02 10:12 AM

Fantastic. I laughed my ass off watching this. I can't even begin to estimate how much time this took to do. Hats off to that guy.

Great soundtrack too.