DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   so who's going to E3? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/180855-so-whos-going-e3.html)

squidget 02-04-02 03:33 PM

so who's going to E3?

I am, again. I'm booking hotel/plane stuff right now. tryin to get the best deal. any other VG talkers goin?

Mattalos 02-04-02 03:37 PM

Plane/Hotel? Bah! It's only a 10 minute drive for me. :D

I will be there. Look forward to it!

mmconhea 02-04-02 03:39 PM

hmm. You got me thinking about it. When and where?

squidget 02-04-02 03:39 PM

Originally posted by Mattalos

you suck! :) just kidding. i wish i lived in cali, but im on the otherside in DC here need plane ticket.

squidget 02-04-02 03:40 PM

Originally posted by mmconhea
hmm. You got me thinking about it. When and where?
when:may23-25
where:los angeles conventation center

AgtFox 02-04-02 03:42 PM

How are you people connected to the industry? Just wondering.

squidget 02-04-02 03:51 PM

Originally posted by AgtFox
How are you people connected to the industry? Just wondering.
2 ways for me. I write a tech column in a local dc paper
plus i work for compusa.

Jackskeleton 02-04-02 04:01 PM

Originally posted by Mattalos

its only 5 for me. ;)

You wanna come to the So Cali DVDTALK meet ?

I'll be at E3 provided I'm able to get my passes. but they seem secure. :) was there last year, gonna be there this year.

squidget 02-04-02 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

its only 5 for me. ;)

You wanna come to the So Cali DVDTALK meet ?

I'll be at E3 provided I'm able to get my passes. but they seem secure. :) was there last year, gonna be there this year.

lucky lucky only going to be in cali for e3. feb 16th is a little early for me.. yeah i got my passes real easy last year hopefully the registeration process hasnt changed since then

Aghama 02-04-02 04:22 PM

I wish; the last time I went was 2000. BTW, according to the homepage it's 22-24, which is Wed-Fri.

Cyberock 02-04-02 04:26 PM

Is there a way for a non industry person to get into this????

squidget 02-04-02 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
I wish; the last time I went was 2000. BTW, according to the homepage it's 22-24, which is Wed-Fri.
oops your right my mistake

squidget 02-04-02 04:33 PM

Originally posted by Cyberock
i thought you could if you pay for it. you can go for free if your part of the industry

Naan 02-04-02 04:34 PM

I'll be there. I may be working, but I'll be there either way.

-Naan

Jackskeleton 02-04-02 10:53 PM

Originally posted by sistasoulja

i thought you could if you pay for it. you can go for free if your part of the industry

Not to sound dishonest or anything, but seriously. there is a very simple way to register. State your on a game related web site, or make up the store.

Naan 02-04-02 11:14 PM

If all you want to do is wander the showfloor, as in not get in early or go to the lectures, etc, then it's pretty easy to get in.

Press passes and guest passes abound and don't take much work to get a hold of.

-Naan

gcribbs 02-05-02 01:37 AM

I hope to go. Now I just need to get my pass :)

Trigger 02-05-02 03:58 AM

I just tried to prebook my pass on their website and I said I run a store and whatnot, but they still wanted to charge me. How do I get in for free? Can I? What's the story? I mean - I do run a few businesses in this industry, but I just don't know how to do the E3 thing. I could use some help. :)

mtucker 02-05-02 07:14 AM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton

Not to sound dishonest or anything, but seriously. there is a very simple way to register. State your on a game related web site, or make up the store.

Hi guys. Say hello to the newest writer for VideoGameTalk.com.

Deftones 02-05-02 08:40 AM

Originally posted by Cyberock
make friends w/ an industry person. :D

squidget 02-05-02 09:57 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
I just tried to prebook my pass on their website and I said I run a store and whatnot, but they still wanted to charge me. How do I get in for free? Can I? What's the story? I mean - I do run a few businesses in this industry, but I just don't know how to do the E3 thing. I could use some help. :)
the only way to get in for free, is to a) know some friends with some extra passes, b)provide proof that you work in the industry.
w2, paystub, insurance card, business ad w/business card, businese lincense, comerical lease. 2 of these will allow you register for free

HN 02-05-02 10:09 AM

Originally posted by Trigger
the free pass package can't be done online. from their pricing page http://www.e3expo.com/registration/pricing.shtml:

"Package Five registration is not available on-line. Please see directions for registering via mail or fax. To be considered for Package Five registration you must complete the registration form and return it with two pieces of identification for each registrant. Incomplete applications will be returned."

should be easy if you do run a few businesses in the industry.

--HN

squidget 02-05-02 12:48 PM

anybody going from out of town and need a hotel i suggest NOT using the e3 travel people. You can stay at the same hotels that they have their site cheaper thru expedia

gcribbs 02-05-02 01:49 PM

Originally posted by Deftones17

make friends w/ an industry person. :D

that is how I got in last time Deftones17 hooked me up with my pass. In fact he hooled up a bunch of the other forum.

are you still in the industry :)

gcribbs 02-05-02 02:02 PM

Originally posted by mtucker

Hi guys. Say hello to the newest writer for VideoGameTalk.com.

be careful with that one unless you really are since Geoff may have the site launched by E3 and you might not get your passes.