Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

final fantasy X 2-dvd set on eBay - what is it?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

final fantasy X 2-dvd set on eBay - what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-02, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
final fantasy X dvd? what is it?

i see these being sold on ebay. 250 minutes of cgi? anyone have these? is it worth it?
Old 01-28-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was wondering this too. Anyone?
Old 01-28-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Curious as well, so I'm going to move this over to the Video Game forum, where there's bound to be a knowledgeable FF fan over there.

- C
Old 01-28-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen this all over the place. I'm fairly certain they have just take all the video sequences from FFX and put them on DVD. Just like Blizzard did with the Starcraft and Diablo CGI sequences.
Old 01-28-02, 09:37 PM

I dunno. Is it even legitimate?
Old 01-29-02, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by tygloalex
I dunno. Is it even legitimate?
Nope
Old 01-29-02, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

from one of the sellers:

Question: what is this DVD movie that Im selling? Answer: Final Fantasy X video collection, a movie created from the FFX game footage. very cool stuff 8 hours long!!! Final Fantasy X fans are going to go nuts over this DVD set.

so to me, it looks suspicious. and how do they get 8 hours of video from a single dvd game? i also emailed the seller to see if it is a legal DVD.
Old 01-29-02, 11:35 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by young
from one of the sellers:

Question: what is this DVD movie that Im selling? Answer: Final Fantasy X video collection, a movie created from the FFX game footage. very cool stuff 8 hours long!!! Final Fantasy X fans are going to go nuts over this DVD set.

so to me, it looks suspicious. and how do they get 8 hours of video from a single dvd game? i also emailed the seller to see if it is a legal DVD.
By any chance is the seller in Honk Kong, or Signapore?

The dvd was probably released in Japan, check out a e-tailor from Japan. But Some Asian companies bootleg the dvd and charge much less for them.

I got one off Ebay for the cutscenes from FF 9. Its a vcd. Not great quality, but it was nice to beable to watch all the cool full cgi scenes without having to play through the game, or having tons of save files to go through.

The stuff from FF X would be awesome.. but its still kinda pricy... and I only deal with sellers from the US.
Old 01-29-02, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One disc is the game the other is 3 hours of footage of the producers/writers of "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" apologising for making the movie.

Seriously. I don't know.
Old 01-29-02, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's probably just the videos and in-game cutscenes. The story is pretty long, and there are alot of cut scenes that can be pieced together to make it seem like a movie. But if you're going to get this so you don't have to play through it to watch CG movies, that's pointless because the game has an option to watch all the CG movies, except the ending anytime you want.
Old 01-29-02, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It is just the videos and cutscenes someone took from the japanese versiona nd put them on 2 DVD's, I'm 99% certain . The giveaway that its a fake is that it has subtitles in English and Chinese. Digicube (the distributor of Square merchandise) has no such DVD movie in their database. If it was an official movie by Square the subtitles would be in Japanese too and the DVD would be in Region 2, not a funky all region format. DVD burners are getting cheaper so its easier for anyone to make them. I think they are now standard on iMacs which is pretty amazing to me.

The same thing happened with FFIX and FFVIII, only they were put on VCD's that people sold. Its not really illegal because its exactly what they say it is I suppose. But its not official or anything, just cutscenes. If thats what you want then it might be worth it, but IMO you'd be missing a lot if thats all you watched, you need the total package with gameplay elements and music which is what makes this game great.
Old 01-29-02, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally posted by Outlaw

Its not really illegal because its exactly what they say it is I suppose. But its not official or anything, just cutscenes. If thats what you want then it might be worth it, but IMO you'd be missing a lot if thats all you watched, you need the total package with gameplay elements and music which is what makes this game great.
Actually, it probably is illegal. My guess is that it's no different from taking random chapters out of a book, reprinting then, and selling them without the original author's/publisher's approval.

It may not be illegal in some of those countries overseas, but it sure doesn't sound like something you'd be able to buy legally in the US.