Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Best fishing game for DC?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 01-16-02, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in my local software Etc. the other day and picked up a new fishing controller for my DC. I also have Sega Marine fishing now but was wondering if there is a must have fishing game out there. I was kind of wanting one with like a tournement or career mode thing. Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-16-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like Bass fishing 2. Stay away from real fishing wild.
How do you like the controller?
Old 01-16-02, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The Marine Fishing one is my favorite. A lot of variety in the types of fish you can catch.

As far as other ones to get, I would get Sega Bass Fishing 1 and 2. They are both good and you will get the full use out of the controller.
Old 01-16-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Marine Fishing was a blast to play - but when i picked up Bass Fishing 2 i was a little didappointed. The graphics were beautiful but it was much less an arcade game and more a simulation - which resulted in it being kind of slow and dull imo. Actually kind of like real fishing - kind of slow and monotonous
Old 01-16-02, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by xmiyux
Marine Fishing was a blast to play - but when i picked up Bass Fishing 2 i was a little didappointed. The graphics were beautiful but it was much less an arcade game and more a simulation - which resulted in it being kind of slow and dull imo. Actually kind of like real fishing - kind of slow and monotonous
I agree with you. The arcade feel of Bass Fishing 1 and Marine Fishing is a whole lot better than the sim feel of Bass Fishing 2. Bass Fishing 2 is still a good game, but I also prefered the faster action of the first two. With the fishing games so cheap though, I would pick them all up.
Old 01-16-02, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I only have bass fishing 1 and the marine fishing. the marine fishing is the most arcadish. i like bass fishing 1, it thought me stuff about bass fishing (like the kind of lures to use for different depths. I went bass fishing a bunch after getting that game and it helped with the lingo while talking to my bass fishing friend, i.e. 'i think a popper would work good so i can try to get stripers or black bass." Actually most the time in real bass fishing you can just use a rubber worm to have the best reults.

whats bad about Reel Fishing?

daveninja.com
Old 01-16-02, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by darkside

With the fishing games so cheap though, I would pick them all up.
Actually this is how i feel about most of the decent DC games now. Although i feel horribel that i _still_ haven't picked up Grandia, Skies, or CvSNK yet even though the prices dropped (then again i've been told they are kind of tough to find now). I'm so far behind on games though - many games i have that haven't even been touched. For instance just last night i started Shenmue and i bought the special edition of that game on street date.
Old 01-16-02, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bass Rush Dream

my friend gave me a copy of a burned dreamcast fishing game (Bass Rush Dream) and although all the text was in japanese..i thought the game was unbelievably realistic. the only thing missing was the beers.