Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

AV shelves

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-01, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AV shelves

Ok video gamers, somebody out there must have the same problem as i: running out of floor space. with six consoles in the living room and all the control and such, need some kind of av component rack. what do you guys use? any suggestions?
@ this point i'm this close to using those old skool wooden milk crates tying them together and painting them black...
Old 12-22-01, 08:30 AM

When you get a moment would you email me please. I left your address at work. Thank you,
Alan
Old 12-22-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a seperate smaller entertainment center in my game room with a TV and on the shelves I have: shelf one a Sega CDX and PSone and NES, on shelf two a Dreamcast and Saturn, on shelf three a 3DO and CD-i, and on the bottom shelf the GameCube and N64. When I want to use a game system on the big tv and with the surround sound I move it to the living room. I'm also out of space and I already put the SNES up in a cabinet. There is no room in the living room for any game systems, so I only use them there for a short time.

If I add a PS2 or a big ole Xbox I will have to move some stuff to the cabinet of lost game systems. One of the reasons I hate big game systems.
Old 12-22-01, 11:45 AM

6 consoles???? And everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy cause I have the 3 newest ones. Alright, I think I have a solution for your problem, it's called therapy.
Old 12-22-01, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by Cyberock
6 consoles???? And everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy cause I have the 3 newest ones. Alright, I think I have a solution for your problem, it's called therapy.
doesnt everybody?
its the xbox, gamecube, dreamcast, n64, psx, and the ps2 comes next week. thats not alot, just the essentials.
Old 01-04-02, 01:51 PM

I second this question. I'm looking for a decent audio/video rack that doesn't cost 200 bucks. I want to stick the PS2, Gamecube and Dreamcast in there and maybe the N64. Please somebody HELP!

Eric
Old 01-04-02, 02:08 PM

It depends on what you're looking for.

We're using Metro racks in most of the entertainment systems in the house. It's a little pricey but since you buy it in parts you make it do just about anything you want.

http://www.containerstore.com/browse...ml?CATID=13371

We're using a bunch of the 18 inch shelves in our system downstairs, but we've got 2 big 48 inch racks upstairs.

http://www.geocities.com/naan9997/halo.html

They sell the shelves in 18 or 48 inch sections and the poles in lengths from about 4 ft to 6 or more.

Like I say we like cuz it's customizable, but it can get expensive real quick.

-Naan
Old 01-04-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm using a four-shelf rack that I bought from Circuit City for $150. It houses my receiver, DVD player, PS2, XBox, and Dreamcast. I can post a picture of the unit in action if needed.

Edit: Circuit City link

Last edited by mtucker; 01-04-02 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-04-02, 06:28 PM

i found a temporary solution till i get some more cash to find a nice one.
bed bath and beyond sells these silver mesh cubes in sets of 3 for 30 bucks. they connect together so right now i have 3 of each side of the tv with my consoles plus two av switch boxes. did u know radio shack sells wireless switch boxes? im so lazy