Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Trying to decide what Gamecube games to buy

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-21-01, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know there's tons of recommendations for games. The thing is most of the games I've seen so far are directed towards kids on the gamecube. I have the Star Wars game and Wave Race. Is there any other games directed toward adults? Leave out the sports games please since I have all those already for the XBOX or PS2.

Last edited by Cyberock; 12-21-01 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-21-01, 02:33 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I would also recommend:

Pikmin -- clever real time strategy that works great in the console environment. A lot of fun.

Super Monkey Ball -- a great all-around "sleeper" hit for the Cube. The single-player game is a lot of fun, and offers a great deal of challenge...especially once you hit the expert levels. As if that weren't enough the game has several different multi-player modes, most of which differ greatly from the main game.
Old 12-21-01, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you have lots of friends over all the time, Super Smash Brothers Melee is awesome fun! Even better than the first SSB for N64. In my house, we got the GameCube with Rogue Squadron and Luigi's Mansion, but since SSBM came out, its all we've played!

Last edited by mnguye10; 12-21-01 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-21-01, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Super Monkey Ball is an awesome game! it is the most addictive game I have played since Tetris!
Old 12-21-01, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm 29 and I really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion. Its a much better game than it gets credit for. For a really adult game you may have to wait for Eternal Darkness in Feb. 2002.
Old 12-21-01, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion are great fun for one player. Their only fault is that they're relatively short, but I feel both games can played through at least twice without being boring. Who has time for long games anymore anyway?

Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Monkey Ball are great games for single and multiplayer. SSBM is an incredibly deep yet simple fighter. It's full of secrets to earn too. SMB has a unique single player mode that requires a lot of skill but the multiplayer modes are very simple and easy for anyone to pick up and play.
Old 12-22-01, 11:59 PM

I've read that Super Smash Bros. Melee is a fighter game. I'm not really into the nintendo characters and my idea of a fighter game is DOA3 so I would take it that I would not enjoy the game. Looks like I'm going to just have to wait until next year for games like Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil. Super Monkey Ball sounds like it might be a fun party game but I have Fuzion Frenzy for the XBOX which is a great party game so not sure if I need another. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 12-23-01, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Smash Bros. is anything but your standard fighter. Oh well. I'm not gonna try and persuade you now that your mind is made up.