DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Super Mario 64 Question. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/166153-super-mario-64-question.html)

Larry C. 12-12-01 09:55 PM

Super Mario 64 Question.

I bought a N64 for my 5 year old son for Christmas. He plays my old SNES and loves Mario World.

So I got him the N64, Super Mario 64, Smash Bros and Mario Kart 64. Oh 2 rumble packs and a memory card.

My question is this. Is Super Mario 64 rumble pack compatible? There is no mention on the box or at IGN, but it does mention Smash Bros as compatible.

Thanks you guys very much.

DVDKrayzie 12-12-01 10:00 PM

no SM64 came out around a year (i think) before the rumble pack

Larry C. 12-12-01 10:13 PM

Thanks BUD I really Appreciate the quick response!

darkside 12-12-01 11:50 PM

I think there was a second version released in Japan that was Rumble Pack compatible, but not in the US.

joltaddict 12-13-01 10:02 PM

When he's not looking just tug on the cord a little.

Anthony Soprano 12-13-01 10:13 PM

Originally posted by joltaddict
hhehehehehehe lol!

viscera 12-13-01 10:34 PM

Super Mario 64 is such a fantastic game, I can't wait for Mario Sunshine. I just hope that the GameCube will have more than 1 regular Mario platform game.

cowboy 12-13-01 10:45 PM

why is super mario 64 worth 20 bucks trade in at eb? thats more than games that just came out.

Larry C. 12-14-01 12:09 AM

[QUOTE]When he's not looking just tug on the cord a little.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Troy Stiffler 12-14-01 11:43 AM

Originally posted by joltaddict
rotfl

mmconhea 12-14-01 12:58 PM

When we first got our NES back in the day, my brothers and I used to sit in a chair in front of the TV and play racing games. While one was playing, the other would stand behind the chair and tilt it from side to side. When you crash you get a huge rock and some times get tipped over. That's was some great force feedback untill my mom banned it when my brother hit another car in RoadBlasters and I kicked the chair over and he cracked his head on the TV.

ConanDestroyer 12-14-01 02:06 PM

Lol mmconhea. Not at your brother hitting his head, but just at how you did the force feedback thing.

That's was some great force feedback untill my mom banned it
When I played sports games back in the NES days, like Super Dodge Ball, I provided my own commentray. Yeah, it was very cheesy.

On a different matter, Anyone here tilts their head when they play Rogue Leader? I know I do, espcecially during the Death Star level in the beginning. And I consider myself an avid gamer, not those amatuers who get seasick looking at Pong.

joltaddict 12-14-01 02:16 PM

Originally posted by ConanDestroyer
Anyone here tilts their head when they play Rogue Leader?
I not only do that but sometimes I lean my entire body. :o
I say it has less to do with me being a tard and more to do with the totally immersive environment Factor 5 has created.

OK, no, Im just a videogame geek.