Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone had any luck getting an xbox at virgin

Old 12-10-01, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Anyone had any luck getting an xbox at virgin

I have been trying now for about 2 weeks trying to get a x box at virgin megastores and no luck. Anybody get the good deal with their american express card?
Old 12-10-01, 12:34 AM

Sadly, I doubt I'll get a console at Virgin, now. I've been trying daily for two weeks, and I can guarantee I won't get one. Every time I call they say "we don't have any" and the when I call later they're like "We sold out." It sucks because EVERYONE is trying to take advantage of this deal. When I was in line there Friday night they got 4 calls just for Xbox. SIGH.
Old 12-10-01, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They have ps2's
Old 12-10-01, 02:55 AM

Not here they don't. While we were there, they had 100 PS2's in a stack. I called the next day "We're sold out." ARGH.
Old 12-10-01, 12:41 PM
Cool New Member

How about GameCubes? Does virgin have any and have you tried any of the other virgin stores in SoCal?
Old 12-10-01, 01:54 PM

They have no consoles at all.

I've tried Los Angeles, Ontario, Burbank, and Anaheim. Nothing.
Old 12-12-01, 06:11 PM

I was fortunate enough to get an Xbox last Friday and a Gamecube today, both at the LA store. They get very, very small quanitities. For the Xbox, they only got 6 on Friday. And Gamecube, they got 2.
Best advise I can give you guys is to call between 11am-noon, that's when they start opening their morning shipments. I used to call right at 10am when they open and been told that they didn't get anything ... then I'd call a few hours later saying they sold out.
Try to be nice when asking ... they must get hundreds of calls a day. Good luck. Your time will come.
Old 12-12-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got a PS2 last night. Now, I have one already so what do I do with it? Hopefully I can exchange it for an XBOX in the near future.
Old 12-12-01, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. I've posted it a few times before, but I'll post it again:

I called a couple days ago (when I originally posted this, it was Dec. 4), and they got 8 in. When I got there, there were 4 left. I got:

X-Box
DOA3
Halo
Extra controller
Memory card

All for $347.98 (I think that was the total).

I took the controller and memory card to K-Mart, and exchanged them for an advanced AV pack, Oddworld, and $5.30 in change. Yesterday, I exchanged Oddworld for Super Smash Brothers Melee at Wal-Mart. Woo hoo!

Keep trying the Megastores. Mine (Orlando) has ALWAYS had Gamecube's, and are now getting X-Boxes regularly.
Old 12-13-01, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worst thing ever. So I called a nearby Walmart and asked if they had any Xbox's, and they said they had one left. Then I asked if they would do an exchange with a new PS2 w/o a receipt, they said yes just bring it in. For a moment I hesitated, I figured by the time I drove all the way over there someone would probably buy it already. But after 15 minutes I decided to give it a shot. When I got there, the Xbox was still there. I asked the guy in the Electronics department if I could exchange my ps2 for that xbox and he said no, not without a receipt. Then I bitched for awhile saying I called and they said yes, can't you double check. After a short talk with the manager they said ok. So I ran out to the car to get my PS2 and gave it to them. I waited and they decided to call the number on the box to check out the serial number. FJSAKFLJASFJKLAFJS!#$!$%[email protected]$ So they said no because it wasn't a Walmart PS2. The Xbox was right there in front of me on the courtesy desk. Oh well.