DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   How Many 'LONG PLAY' Games do u usually play at once ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/164893-how-many-long-play-games-do-u-usually-play-once.html)

Original Desmond 12-08-01 07:02 AM

How Many 'LONG PLAY' Games do u usually play at once ?

My definitions

Long Play games - games like RPGs etc which you really need to get your teeth into and take hours to play

Short play games - games like Racing games, Fighting games and Sports games, sure these games have long play elements but you can if you wish to get straight into it and have fun playing the game for half an hour

I tend to favour short play games because my attention span is short , at most i will play one long play game. Currently i'm playing Shenmue 2 on the DC.

Do you have more than one Long play game on the go at one time ? or do u finish one first before you go onto the next one ?

tor_greg 12-08-01 04:12 PM

I like to concentrate on games one at a time.

Gallant Pig 12-08-01 04:20 PM

Des - how does Shenmue 2 compare to the original? Does it pick off right where the last one ended?

wedge 12-08-01 06:14 PM

Well right now I am working through:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Grand Theft Auto 3
Armored Core 2: Another Age

all at once. Also, I think NHL 2002 franchise mode should count, in which case I'm working on that too. Plus, I'm trying to unlock everything in Tony Hawk 3.

And come to think of it, I never did beat Gran Turismo 3...

Thrillhouse 12-08-01 08:01 PM

I play one long game at a time, when I get furstated I play some short games like Crazy Taxi so I don't breack the damn thing :).

C-Killer Redux 12-08-01 10:26 PM

I usually try to play one long game at a time before buying a new one. However, with so many great games coming out at a fast rate it's tough to keep up buying and playing them. I'm currently playing:

Long games: Grand Theft Auto 3, Dragon Warrior 3(GBA), Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Middle Length: Half-Life(PS2), Halo, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Amped, Metal Gear Solid(GBC)

Short Games: Wave Race: Blue Storm, Super Smash Bros. Melee

simpsonsfan04 12-08-01 11:11 PM

I am playing:

Longer Games: SSX : Tricky (world circuit, trick book, it takes a while) & Grand Theft Auto 3

Middle Games: The Simpsons Road Rage (currently at $397,000 out of the million I need, i know this should be under longer, but I can't play this game every day! only when my fingers hurt from playing SSX, but that usually never happens), Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3, Jet Grind Radio

Short Games: Crazy Taxi, Crazy Taxi 2

Outlaw 12-08-01 11:14 PM

Normally 1 long game at a time (usually an RPG) but we're in un-normal gaming times right now with all the high quality releases lately. I've gotten too many games to play lately (if thats a bad thing hehe ;) ).

Originally I was playing Grandia 2 on the DC but I put that on hold when this flood of games started in November. I'm pretty close to the end on that but currently I'm playing:

short to middle length: Wave Race: Blue Storm, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, MGS2

long: Grandia II, Shenmue 2 (not sure how long it is, seems longer than first though?), and Dragon Warrior 7.

I kinda wish I finished grandia 2 before I got all those games because after i went back to play it i forgot some of what happened and what I was supposed to do. Dragon Warrior 7 is the paradigm of long games though, its supposed to be 100+ hours long, I'm about 10 hours in and its great though (excellent music and lots of gameplay!)

In the future I'll probably try and finish the "long" game i'm playing before starting a another "long" one as I start to forget what happens in each game hehe :)

darkside 12-08-01 11:20 PM

One long RPG going at a time and I will play stuff like Tony Hawk 3, NBA2K2, and Madden 2002 when I need a break from the RPG.