Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Now that I have my PS2, I need some help

Old 12-08-01, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Now that I have my PS2, I need some help

Was able to finally get the Playstation 2 out of layaway last night.

Set it up, and put in the Grand Auto 3 disc in.

Had hours of fun with the game(even though I don't know what the hell I'm doing ),but could not save the game at all onto the memory card.

The manual doesn't give much info on how exactly you save your game, so I'm hoping someone will help me out.

For instance: do you insert the memory card BEFORE you turn the power on the console, or after the power is on?

If my controller is in slot one, does the memory card go in slot two? Or, doesn't it matter?(the manual is confusing on this.Oh, and I don't mean that I'm trying to put the memory card in a contoller slot.I, at least, know where the memory card is supposed to go)

How do you access the card once the game is running?

I'll probably have more questions, but it's almost 5AM, and it my weekend to work double shifts and I'm tired.

But, hey, y'all got two days to answer my questions

Thanks in advance- total bloody newbie.
Old 12-08-01, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Welcome to the world of Sony Video Crack
First of all, make sure you have a PS2 memory card. The PS1 cards fit in the slot, but won't save PS2 games. They fit in the two slots directly above the controller ports. To save in GTA3, you must go to your garage (which is always visable on your map as a green icon) Just go inside the room to save your progress. Once you have saved, you can re-load your game at any time by pressing the start button to call up the menu and then scrollong over to the load screen.
I would suggest leaving the memory card in its slot (above the controller slot) at all times; there's no reason to take it out.

Enjoy!
Old 12-08-01, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Also you can't save if you are in a mission.