DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   How Fun Is Fusion Frenzy for X BOX??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/164521-how-fun-fusion-frenzy-x-box.html)

Marvdog 12-06-01 07:50 PM

How Fun Is Fusion Frenzy for X BOX???

This is game is SOOOOOOOOO Fun to play, I found myself giggling like a little school girl playing the SUMO game.

Gamewizard 12-06-01 08:17 PM

I agree, fusion frenzy is a fun game, but I can't imagine playing it on a 19" or smaller tv.

Marvdog 12-06-01 08:21 PM

Ive only played this game by myself, have any of you played it with friends and did they enjoy it? seems like a great party game. I play it on a 20" TV and it looks good, although its probably better on a bigger TV especially for those games that use a far overhead view.

BravesMG 12-06-01 08:32 PM

One of the cooler things I've seen lately is the Interactive Fusion Frenzy Demo that comes with NFL Fever 2002. It lets you play 7 or 8 of the minigames (including Sumo) and some of the other features. I never had any intentions of picking it up until I played the demo, but I'll be grabbing it next week now.

Sumo is a great way to settle debates in my dorm, anybody can play and I usually win :editking:

Gamewizard 12-06-01 09:03 PM

I've played it with a couple of friends and it's a lot more fun then playing the comp all the time.

Marvdog 12-06-01 09:06 PM

Originally posted by bravesmg
One of the cooler things I've seen lately is the Interactive Fusion Frenzy Demo that comes with NFL Fever 2002. It lets you play 7 or 8 of the minigames (including Sumo) and some of the other features. I never had any intentions of picking it up until I played the demo, but I'll be grabbing it next week now.

Sumo is a great way to settle debates in my dorm, anybody can play and I usually win :editking:

I played the demo off Halo, I too want to pick it up

lordzeppelin 12-06-01 10:10 PM

I wanna pick it up at some point when the price comes down, sheerly for the party game fact. It's fun as all hell. But it really is a game that needs more than 1 person playing to be fun...

Maynerd 12-06-01 11:14 PM

I have a copy of Fuzion Frenzy that I am selling or trading in the Trade fourm.

Maynerd
[email protected]

Seagraves 12-07-01 07:17 AM

With the exception of Halo and Tony Hawk 2X, I'd say that Fusion Frenzy is the best multiplayer game out there today.

It's much more fun to play with 3 friends than it is with 2, 1, or especially by yourself. If you have a "get together," then by all means break out this game.

However, I would recommend by starting with the mini-games seperately. I've learned that if you start off by playing tournament, you'll probably get some LAME games, and they won't really like the game right off the bat. Here are the best multiplayer games in my opinion, check em:

#1 Game - Twisted System (or as you're sure to call it: duck & jump)

This is a game which is very simple, but highly addictive and fun. The players are walking up a rotating "plank," and every now and then there'll be a thing that comes swinging around that you'll either have to duck or jump. Fairly simple control, 1 button ducks, the other jumps. Sounds simple, right? But believe me, when the thing really gets spinning, and people start hitting their heads on the overhead bars that you're supposed to duck, it gets to be a whale of a time.

#2 Game - Odd Man Out.

This is really only a BLAST with 4 players. I've played with 3 before and it wasn't as much fun. There are 3 orbs to begin with, and everybody but 1 guy gets one. That one guy needs to beat somebody up and take their orb before the time runs out. If your orb is taken, you have to beat somebody up and take THEIR orb. Basically, if you do not have an orb when time expires, you die. Then there are 2 orbs for 3 players, then 1 for 2, and whoever ends up with the final orb wins. This is cool too because it's kind of like Power Stone where you can pick up anything and throw the items at people to knock them down.

#3 Game - Sumo.

Roll around in giant balls and knock other people off the platform. But the platform will gradually get smaller.

Other games worthy of note:

Tailblazer
Victim
Watergate Scramble

and I can't remember the names of other ones :)

Marvdog 12-07-01 06:31 PM

I always blow myself up in the tailblazer game

RoQuEr 12-08-01 02:06 AM

do the computer players cheat in sumo? They always seem to make it to the middle faster than I do.

RCL66 12-08-01 09:11 PM

Is this game even worth it for Single Player only? Or is it really just a MP Game?

Cyberock 12-09-01 02:01 AM

I broke down and bought this game tonight. Picked up 2 more controllers to have 4 and played away with a bunch of buddies. It's a blast with all the players...against the computer, not much fun.

Marvdog 12-09-01 02:47 PM

Originally posted by RCL66
Is this game even worth it for Single Player only? Or is it really just a MP Game?
I'd say so, Im gonna get it and some of my friends dont like video games so Ill be playing it alone mostly, its still real fun :)

The Bus 11-22-02 02:58 PM

Just wanted to revive an old thread... Fuzion Frenzy is probably my most oft-played game. The flatmates and I have turned it into a nightly phenomenon nicknamed "Boozin Frenzy" due to the fact that we play it while drinking.

If I had to narrow down my X-Box games to three, it would be Fuzion Frenzy, Halo, and THPS4.

WOWZY 11-22-02 11:27 PM

I own this game and it's the best party game for newbies because it's so simple for your guests to play and everyone plays on full screen.

When my friends get used to Halo's controls, then that one tops them all.

Cyberock 11-22-02 11:45 PM

This is the only game my fiance will play. It's an easy game to pick up and play even if you don't play games. I would have to say this is a great party game. Single player on it doesn't do it for me though.