DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   I just beat Super Smash Bros. Melee!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/164364-i-just-beat-super-smash-bros-melee.html)

Chaos 12-06-01 11:03 AM

I just beat Super Smash Bros. Melee!!

On Very Easy, and with Bowser :D I also beat it with Sheik/Zelda, and Mario

The most I got was 63 points at the end shooting game---anyone else beat that?

mljones99 12-06-01 11:12 AM

I beat it on very easy with bowser in under 10 minutes.

Chaos 12-06-01 11:16 AM

How many points did you get with the shooting game at shooting the names?

mljones99 12-06-01 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Chaos
How many points did you get with the shooting game at shooting the names?

78 or 79, I can't remember which

Aghama 12-06-01 11:31 AM

I got 91 my second time through, do you unlock anything if you get 100?

cartman 12-06-01 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Aghama
I got 91 my second time through, do you unlock anything if you get 100?
I hope so, I've gotten up to 96 (almost there!). If you didn't already know, it counts a hit for each time you score a hit, not just each name\sign you turn red, so just hit as many as you can as much as you can.

edytwinky 12-06-01 02:10 PM

Do any of you know the correct way to unlock Luigi? I've done a couple things to no avail.

jace217 12-07-01 01:04 AM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/game...ame/32502.html

Thunderball 12-07-01 01:11 AM

Originally posted by edytwinky
Do any of you know the correct way to unlock Luigi? I've done a couple things to no avail.
Adventure mode(any character)
Finish up the mushroom Kingdom stage, but DO NOT cross the goalline. You need to make sure there are 2 seconds left in the time. (Ie xx:x2:xx the X's can be any number) and watch the cinema scene unfold. at the end of the game Luigi will challenge you. Be careful, he's tough

edytwinky 12-07-01 02:06 AM

What character do you guys' use to hit the sandbag 1200 feet?

Chaos 12-08-01 07:47 AM

Originally posted by Thunderball

Adventure mode(any character)
Finish up the mushroom Kingdom stage, but DO NOT cross the goalline. You need to make sure there are 2 seconds left in the time. (Ie xx:x2:xx the X's can be any number) and watch the cinema scene unfold. at the end of the game Luigi will challenge you. Be careful, he's tough

I just did that and I only fought Luigi in the next stage along with peach (Luigi jumped on Marios' head), but I still don't have him.

silentbob007 12-08-01 09:46 AM

I just did that and I only fought Luigi in the next stage along with peach (Luigi jumped on Marios' head), but I still don't have him.

You have to defeat Luigi and Peach, then finish the game. After you finish, you will have to fight Luigi alone in order to unlock him.

Chaos 12-09-01 07:46 PM

Originally posted by silentbob007

You have to defeat Luigi and Peach, then finish the game. After you finish, you will have to fight Luigi alone in order to unlock him.

I did that, about 3 times, and I still didn't have him. But I used Sheik/Zelda and played adventure mode. THEN at the end, I got to fight Luigi, but that was in Adventure mode on Very Easy. (He's hard!!)

Aghama 12-09-01 08:12 PM

I did that, about 3 times, and I still didn't have him. But I used Sheik/Zelda and played adventure mode. THEN at the end, I got to fight Luigi, but that was in Adventure mode on Very Easy. (He's hard!!)

Straight from gamefaqs:

Beat Stage One of Adventure Mode with a time in which the
number of seconds ends in a 2 (i.e. 10:02:00). A cut-scene will follow showing
Luigi beating out Mario to fight alongside Princess Peach. Beat Luigi and Peach
without losing a life, in under 45 seconds, then complete the rest of Adventure
Mode and Luigi will challenge you. Beat him and Luigi will become playable.

Chaos 12-11-01 10:18 AM

Thanks!!

edytwinky 12-11-01 10:22 AM

I have finally unlocked everything in the game! It's about time.