Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

DC controller week old and acting up :(

Old 12-04-01, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DC controller week old and acting up :(

I went to play a game and for some reason the Analog control is jammed a little to the right. It looks straight when I look at the stick, but in NBA2k2 the player will slowly walk to the right.

Has anyone else had any problems with the DC controllers?

I have a 2nd one that I can use for now. Guess I'll have to take it back to BB for an exchange (if they have anymore).
Old 12-04-01, 06:08 PM

Make sure nothing is touching the analog stick when you power on your machine. The machine is most likely calibrating the analog stick each time you turn on the machine. If it is moved a little in one direction, the machine will justify it. If that doesn't help, then you should take it back.
Old 12-04-01, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Ezra
Make sure nothing is touching the analog stick when you power on your machine. The machine is most likely calibrating the analog stick each time you turn on the machine. If it is moved a little in one direction, the machine will justify it. If that doesn't help, then you should take it back.
Ok, I'll give that a try. I may have been pushing the stick a little when I powered it up.

I had no idea about that, thanks! ..I'm sure that is the problem since the controller has not been dropped or anything like that.