DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Bad Games that you Love (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/163156-bad-games-you-love.html)

Aghama 12-02-01 12:05 AM

Bad Games that you Love

OK, fess up: what universally panned games do you actually like?

For me, the major culprit is....E.T. for the Atari 2600. Yes, I am one of the mythical trio of people on this planet that truely derived pleasure from this trainwreck of a game. In my defense, I was young and stupid.

Your turn. :D

Viper99 12-02-01 01:08 AM

how about dark cloud for the ps2? hmmm maybe not.

definatly Blue Stinger for the dreamcast. liked it better than any of the resident evil games. even code veronica.

mmeadows 12-02-01 01:28 AM

Days of Thunder for the NES

shaggy 12-02-01 01:42 AM

mission impossible n64

Viper99 12-02-01 01:59 AM

i LOVED days of thunder for the nes. you got to be the pit crew :)

einTier 12-02-01 03:03 AM

I too enjoyed ET on the 2600 when I was a very young kid. I didn't really understand it much, couldn't win except on the easiest level, and I really, really hated the pits -- but it was ET dammit! I was eight years old!

Later I would learn from reviews that the game actually sucked. Looking back on it, it probably did. I haven't played it on emulation because I don't want to ruin my good memories.

Icculus 12-02-01 08:23 AM

Originally posted by einTier
I too enjoyed ET on the 2600 when I was a very young kid. I didn't really understand it much, couldn't win except on the easiest level, and I really, really hated the pits -- but it was ET dammit! I was eight years old!

Later I would learn from reviews that the game actually sucked. Looking back on it, it probably did. I haven't played it on emulation because I don't want to ruin my good memories.

Exactly!! Actually I just found out this was a bad game :). I used to love this game when I was a kid. Was impossible mission (for C64) really that bad? I saw a thread on another board talking about how horrible it was, I thought this game was great.

Aghama 12-02-01 09:28 AM

Originally posted by e_hartnett

Exactly!! Actually I just found out this was a bad game :). I used to love this game when I was a kid. Was impossible mission (for C64) really that bad? I saw a thread on another board talking about how horrible it was, I thought this game was great.

IM is a classic, anyone who thinks otherwise must have sucked at it.

fab 12-02-01 11:16 AM

WOTW

For me it had to be Way of the Warrior for the 3DO... best worst game I have ever played. Maybe I just kept playing it for the awesome White Zombie soundtrack.

To think those guys went on to do Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter.

--
fab

Michael T Hudson 12-02-01 11:21 AM

That is so funny I got the ET game as well for my Bday I guess like 19 years ago. Wow hard to beleive next year will be 20 years for ET. I am getting old. :(

Mezzanine 12-02-01 01:36 PM

I also like E.T. on the 2600. I never understood why it has such a bad reputation; it may not be the best game ever, but I've played many, many games that are much worse than E.T. Once you understand what you're doing, it's pretty fun if you ask me. :) It's also one of only three games that my dad ever liked (Berzerk and Super Mario Bros. being the others).

xmiyux 12-02-01 01:58 PM

Willy the Worm for the PC - damn that was a fun game - you could even create your own levels. I was also a huge Snake Rattle and Roll fan for the NES (i think NES not SNES)

Outlaw 12-02-01 02:02 PM

Hmmm.....I always liked Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64 even though a lot of sites didn't rate it so well. Loved the SNES version and this was the latest in the US. The japanese-esque music was pretty good and the songs were pretty funny.

Similarly I also liked the Mega Man Legends series. A lot of people don't like it because it breaks away from the tried and true 2-D sidescrolling Mega man and I'd agree with that, I love the 2D megaman's. But as a new spinoff of the MM series, MML has a certain charm to it and the characters have a lot of personality (tron and servebots!!) ;), plus for the most part the voice acting is pretty good.

Dazed 12-02-01 02:24 PM

Dragons Lair for the C64.

almost zero playability but it looked good ( for the time :) )