DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Can't beat Bowser :( (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/162727-cant-beat-bowser.html)

Chaos 11-30-01 10:18 AM

Can't beat Bowser :(

I've tried to suck up his tail and his flame-breath. Didn't work. Then I tried to get him to jump on the platforms in the hope that he'll be electrocuted, but he just slides off when he jumps up. I can't think of anything else. I had him destroy all the pillars in the hopes that there'd be a fountain to extinguish his breath, but to no avail. I'm out of ideas on how to beat him.

Aghama 11-30-01 10:21 AM

You have to run under him when he jumps, then grab the ax.

Chaos 11-30-01 10:25 AM

ax? What ax?

Groucho 11-30-01 10:27 AM

You might want to mention what game you're playing when asking for help. Bowser is a boss in about half a million Nintendo games.

metman86 11-30-01 10:28 AM

If this is what I am thinking of, my son grabs his tail and spins him then releases him into the electrodes 3 or 4 times. Good luck. If this is not what you are talking about I am sorry.

Chaos 11-30-01 10:30 AM

I'm talking about Luigi's Mansion, sorry about the mix up.

gmather 11-30-01 10:36 AM

wait for him to toss the spiked balls out. Then run up and suck one up with the vacuum cleaner. you have to get close to the ball otherwise it does not attach. then when bowser runs toward you, expell the ball in his direction and it should knock his head off.

Kellehair 11-30-01 10:52 AM

Good luck to you. That was one hell of a battle.

Scheherazade 11-30-01 11:35 AM

Originally posted by Aghama
You have to run under him when he jumps, then grab the ax.
I'm not sure if this was supposed to be funny, but I still got a good chuckle from it :)

~Scheherazade

Thunderball 11-30-01 03:17 PM

Hey, that's a damn_spoiler :mad:

Thanks! I've all but avoided any knowledge of the game's ending, I suspected Bowser was behind it, but I was hoping for a different end bos..
Thanks for wrecking the surprise.

darkside 11-30-01 05:50 PM

Originally posted by Thunderball
Hey, that's a damn_spoiler :mad:

Thanks! I've all but avoided any knowledge of the game's ending, I suspected Bowser was behind it, but I was hoping for a different end bos..
Thanks for wrecking the surprise.

That's not quite the truth. Keep playing. There is more to it than just Bowser. I tried to use spoiler tags in my thread.

Anyway, I put how I beat the final boss here. http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=160826

You have to get your timing down on avoiding the ice and make sure to run away if he jumps.

CreatureX 11-30-01 08:27 PM

Can we keep spoilers out of thread titles... :)

Outlaw 12-01-01 01:20 AM

ummmm dude, its not cool to mention spoilers in the title thread, I was gonna pick this game up next week and now I already know :( I'm still planning on getting it despite..

mkdevo 12-01-01 01:51 AM

umm... you learn pretty early in the game that bowser is 'in the building'... not really a mystery...

Outlaw 12-01-01 02:25 AM

oh ok thx! :) I'm looking forward to playing this title.

Chaos 12-01-01 07:45 AM

I jsutt beat him, and just as the credits were rolling, my sister shut off the unit!! Now i'm stick here with a Mansion, and a Hidden Mansion as option to where I can go, which both look the same--can someone explain what I missed in the end credits?

darkside 12-01-01 02:40 PM

Originally posted by Chaos
I jsutt beat him, and just as the credits were rolling, my sister shut off the unit!! Now i'm stick here with a Mansion, and a Hidden Mansion as option to where I can go, which both look the same--can someone explain what I missed in the end credits?
Nothing much. Just the standard credits.

Spoiler:
Go to the gallery and look at the picture right next to the professor and it will show a house you built with your money and show your rank.

The Hidden mansion is the next one to play, but there are only minor differences from the first one.

Chaos 12-02-01 08:02 AM

What's with the Mansion and Hidden Mansion?

Chaos 12-06-01 11:12 AM

thanks