Reload this Page >

Virtua Tennis for Dreamcast (arghhh!)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-30-01, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been playing this game for a coupla hours now and one thing is just infuriating, I can't get past the 2nd stage in Arcade Mode on a Normal Setting. It's friggin' aggravating. I can't hit the ball where I want it to go while the guy I'm playing (Usually Mora) continually hits it in either side perfectly each and every time he hits the ball. It just pisses me off to no end.
All the guys I use move slow as molasses and can't hit the ball hard worth a turd. I'm getting creamed!
Other than that it's a fun game, but Christ!
Old 11-30-01, 02:38 AM

Try staying at the center (vertically) of your half at the court and volleying everything back

If you stay perfectly at the center, you'll be in good position to hit anything.

It really shouldn't be that hard, but it does take a while before you can figure what you can do and can NOT do.

Positioning is everything. I don't think the players are that slow........I doubt real life players are any faster- this is a common complaint among new players though.
Old 11-30-01, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

any tips on beating the king? I quit playing cause of all the frustration he was causing me
Old 11-30-01, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think there's no doubt that 2k2 is a lot tougher game than the first. I'm very good at virtua tennis but when I jumped on 2k2 and played a set on normal mode I got thrashed 6-0 (am a lot better now though ). For a start consider dropping the difficulty to easy, you will still find it quite challenging. Also definitely have a go at the world tour mode, and play all the mini games. You will be a much better player for it! Also it's lots of fun building up your own player, particularly if they're 5'4 and weigh a ton .

Chris