Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Sign this petition to get Grand Theft Auto 3 on the GameCube!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-30-01, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.petitiononline.com/gta34gcn/petition.html

I'm sure it will never happen, but it is worth a shot. I love GTA3, and would absolutely LOVE to see it ported to the GC. I like Nintendo and all, but they just seem too scared to put out very many "adult" games. Putting GTA3 on the GC would definately change their "kiddie" reputation.
Old 11-30-01, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was number 447. How long has this been up? I would love to see this game on GC.

Old 11-30-01, 03:55 AM

I just signed the petition too. Hmm, I wonder if it'll work if I go back and put in fake emails/names, just to boost up the signatures.

I REALLY want this game to come to GC. I don't want to buy a whole new console just to play GTA3! Dammit, looks like Nintendo's swaying back to that "kiddie-mode" all over again.
Old 11-30-01, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Didn't GTA2 come out for GB Color. Maybe a portable rendidtion will come out for GBA.
Old 11-30-01, 12:53 PM

LOL... I think that GTA3 is against what Nintendo is marketing towards. Not saying that you won't see it, but I doubt it will be a huge priority seeing as it would be a case of too little too late. You might be better off doing one towards GTA4.
Old 11-30-01, 01:07 PM

It's not up to Nintendo whether this game gets ported to the Cube, it's up to the developer. I signed the petition, but I don't think it'll happen. Don't fret, however, there are plenty of so-called "mature" games coming to the Cube: Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Conker, etc.
Old 11-30-01, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Don't fret, however, there are plenty of so-called "mature" games coming to the Cube: Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness, Conker, etc.
Hell yea. Then I can tell all of my ignorant friends that it's not a kiddie system. But of course I don't put down games just because they aren't 'mature'. I hate to hear close minded people saying that the GameCube is a kiddie system. Yes, the 'look' of many of it's games are 'lighthearted', but the spirit is in the gameplay. That's as stupid as not going to see Toy Story because it's rated G and doesn't contain violence. And as for gameplay, I'm lovin' Luigi's Mansion, Rogue Squadren, and Tony Hawk 3 (Waverace is mildly dissapointing though). I've gotten more addicted to this than any other console since the SNES. It's one hell of a system overall.
Old 11-30-01, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what ever happened with that bad fur day game?
Old 11-30-01, 05:04 PM

Re: #777

Originally posted by RoQuEr
what ever happened with that bad fur day game?
It came out for the N64 (one of the last great games for that system). It's really a great game (quite funny too), and if you have a 64 I recommend you pick it up. A sequel is reported in the works for the Cube.
Old 11-30-01, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mmeadows
LOL... I think that GTA3 is against what Nintendo is marketing towards.
If Nintendo will release Conkers Bad Fur Day they will release anything. It's up to a publisher to decide they want a Gamecube release. Nintendo would not turn them down if they wanted to do a Gamecube version.
Old 12-01-01, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's up to 1329... not too bad.

Old 12-01-01, 06:54 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by darkside

If Nintendo will release Conkers Bad Fur Day they will release anything. It's up to a publisher to decide they want a Gamecube release. Nintendo would not turn them down if they wanted to do a Gamecube version.
Yeah, but they released that game when the N64 was on its very last legs. I doubt they want to tarnish GCN's image by releasing GTA3. Think about unsuspecting, hapless parents buying this game for their kids, and then later watching their kids getting "hummers" in backalleys and beating the hooker up after their get the hummers in order to get their money back. I'm sure they jaws would drop and they'd be on their cell phone to Nintendo before you could say "Soccer Mom" 3 times.
Old 12-01-01, 06:55 PM
Mod Emeritus

We're also talking about the company that changed the blood color to gray in Mortal Kombat and removed some of the "finish him" death moves.
Old 12-01-01, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
We're also talking about the company that changed the blood color to gray in Mortal Kombat and removed some of the "finish him" death moves.
True. But then the rating system happened after this, and Mortal Kombat 2 on the Super Nintendo featured all the blood dripping fatalities complete and intact!
Old 12-04-01, 09:27 PM

GTA3 for cube, sounds like a long shot...but I hope I'm wrong!!

I just ordered my gamecube and was desperately waiting for it. However, after playing GTA3 at my friend's house, I'm thinking twice about my choice in game console. I can't believe Nintendo hasn't released this game yet. This has to be the best game ever!! I'm so sick and tired of Nintendo being labeled as a "kiddie" console. I hope they don't stick with that trend for the cube. As for GTA3, should I buy the PS2 for this game?, or should I wait till gamecube releases one? I don't think I can wait too long though. Oh well, at least we have Zelda!!
Old 12-04-01, 11:56 PM

Wow, GTA3 or 4 would be great on gamecube. I'm holding off on buying a new gaming console until the dust settles and if this one went to GC I'd have to get that considering they already have SW Rogue leader and Smash Bros.
Old 12-05-01, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow, you got to love those friendly people at HTF I tried posting this there and some jerkoff makes a snide remark. I believe rules here prohibit me from linking to the page there, but I'm sure anybody can find it if they want to. How lame. Long live DVDTalk!

Old 12-12-01, 09:27 PM

Had to get the PS2

I just couldn't wait long enough to see if Nintendo had enough balls to release this great game.....so I went out and got me self a PS2 with GTA3. God, this has to be the greatest game ever. I still love my cube but I really dig this game and I don't think Nintendo will ever release it. If they do, I think they're going to clean it up alot because I heard that they are even thinking about taking GTA3 out of the shelves and re-releasing it with a cleaner version. I don't know. All I haveto say is......thank god PS2 is gutsy enough to release a game like this!!