Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Rayman 2: The Great Escape (DC). Need a hint and have a gripe

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-29-01, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm a Dreamcast newbie, having just bought my system a few weeks ago. I'm working through this wonderful game, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and am loving every minute of it. One grip though: can you not save the game at any point? I got way into the second level and set Ly free and then had to go. I didn't see any "save" feature, so I chose to abandon the game thinking it would save it where I was. Apparently though, I shot to hell all that work as I am now back at the start of the second level. Like I said, I'm new to this. Did I do something wrong? Because for an otherwise great game, that seems pretty cheesy to have to entirely complete a level before being able to save.

Alright, now I need a hint. After setting Ly free, I swung on the purple lum and collected the yellow lum in the far room. Where the hell do I go from there? It seems I need to swing on the lum to somewhere else, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out. I swung in every direction possible and just kept falling to the floor again. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-01, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Boot, you save after you beat a level. Its in that area where you walk around to the next level.

Sorry I cant help you get unstuck, but its been awhile since I played.
Old 11-29-01, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Mitsurugi
Boot, you save after you beat a level. Its in that area where you walk around to the next level.

Sorry I cant help you get unstuck, but its been awhile since I played.
Yep. That's the thing. Oh well, now that I'm getting the hang of it better, that seems to work okay.

And I figured out my own problem. I was overlooking something very simple. Go figure

I swear, this is the coolest game ever.
Old 11-30-01, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just wait untill you get inside the volcano and be amazed at the lava.