Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

IGN Reiview on Smash Bros & Another Question

Old 11-29-01, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IGN Reiview on Smash Bros & Another Question

Does anybody know what the review was on Smash Bros. Melee for the Cube from IGN? I really don't feel like paying the money. If anybody has the premium subscription and is generous to post the stuff, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Second question....is your Wal-Mart going to stock their Melee games at midnight on Saturday?

P.S. - I can't wait until this Sunday!
Old 11-29-01, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I won't post the whole thing, but:

Presentation - 10.0
All the retro Nintendo franchises wrapped into one, neat, feature-filled package. Amazing.

Graphics - 8.0
It's fast and furious, but still has some so-so background work. That said, most of the up-close visuals are great, but past that everything is average.

Sound - 10.0
Take all of your favorite Nintendo themes and orchestrate them to perfection. This is one of the best soundtracks in history, despite being based on pre-composed themes.

Gameplay - 9.0
An expansive single-player mode and a deep multiplayer mode make SSB Melee hard to put down.

Lasting Appeal - 10.0
Nearly 300 beautifully rendered trophies to collect, a stellar multiplayer mode, and tons of characters, stages, and options. It couldn't get much better than this.

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) - 9.6
Old 11-29-01, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This seems to be the killer app for the GC and not Rogue Leader, but that's just my opinion.
Old 11-29-01, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Centurion
This seems to be the killer app for the GC and not Rogue Leader, but that's just my opinion.
That may be the reason why Nintendo didn't release it at launch. Their already strong line-up bolstered initial console sales, and SSB:M is sure to sell a bunch more before X-Mas.
Old 11-29-01, 02:06 PM
Mod Emeritus

Wow that's a great review. If Pikmin does as good of numbers, I think I'll end up getting a GCN for Xmas.
Old 11-29-01, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Aghama

That may be the reason why Nintendo didn't release it at launch. Their already strong line-up bolstered initial console sales, and SSB:M is sure to sell a bunch more before X-Mas.
Perhaps. It's a common strategy.
Old 11-29-01, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Gallant Pig
Wow that's a great review. If Pikmin does as good of numbers, I think I'll end up getting a GCN for Xmas.
Now that's the spirit!
Forget about the Nintendo or Microsoft badges on the systems and just play the games.
Old 11-29-01, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank you very much Aghama. Now you've got me even more psyched out for the game. Man, I really hope Wal-Mart stocks it at midnight.

Originally posted by Aghama
I won't post the whole thing, but:

Presentation - 10.0
All the retro Nintendo franchises wrapped into one, neat, feature-filled package. Amazing.

Graphics - 8.0
It's fast and furious, but still has some so-so background work. That said, most of the up-close visuals are great, but past that everything is average.

Sound - 10.0
Take all of your favorite Nintendo themes and orchestrate them to perfection. This is one of the best soundtracks in history, despite being based on pre-composed themes.

Gameplay - 9.0
An expansive single-player mode and a deep multiplayer mode make SSB Melee hard to put down.

Lasting Appeal - 10.0
Nearly 300 beautifully rendered trophies to collect, a stellar multiplayer mode, and tons of characters, stages, and options. It couldn't get much better than this.

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) - 9.6
Old 11-29-01, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool!!! This made me really excited now,not that I wasn't excited before, just a few more days (ugh and I have finals next week too nooo how can life be so unfair!! ).

This game looks sweet, can't wait to play with these two, and Ness of course (even though he isn't in this shot).