DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Grand Theft Auto 3 for X Box ... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/162367-grand-theft-auto-3-x-box.html)

Soup Nazi 11-29-01 01:03 AM

Grand Theft Auto 3 for X Box ...

This is for MarvDog, as he can't find his password ...

Does anybody know when Grand Theft Auto 3 will be released on X Box? I know that its in the first quarter of 2002 but if anybody knows a more exact date please post. Also will it be toned down? Or the same as the PS2 version? Thanks in advance ...

ScandalUMD 11-29-01 01:29 AM

Re: Grand Theft Auto 3 for X Box ...

Originally posted by The Nature Boy
This is for MarvDog, as he can't find his password ...

Does anybody know when Grand Theft Auto 3 will be released on X Box? I know that its in the first quarter of 2002 but if anybody knows a more exact date please post. Also will it be toned down? Or the same as the PS2 version? Thanks in advance ...

I heard Q2-Q3. You should probably post this question in the IGN Grand Theft Auto board, since a guy from Rockstar posts there, and will know the answer.

AgtFox 11-29-01 08:54 AM

I have heard May in rumblings here and there...no real clue though.

indycohiba 11-29-01 10:46 PM

I doubt that it will be a toned down version given the age of the target market for the X-Box (20+).

elias 11-30-01 09:31 AM

Ahh, just buy a PS2, it's where the action's at!

ryekim 12-12-01 08:32 PM

PS2!!

I agree, just get the PS2 cause they make the most games!! I recently bought a Cube, but had to buy the PS2 for GTA3. Best game ever!

Cyberock 12-12-01 09:38 PM

Originally posted by elias
Ahh, just buy a PS2, it's where the action's at!
For now the action may be there but time will change things. If I knew ahead of time the GTA3 would come out for the XBOX, I would of waited on buying the game for the PS2. For example, look at Max Payne, all the reviews have said the XBOX version blows away the PS2 version. I'm sure the XBOX version of GTA3 will be better than the PS2 version.

ryekim 12-12-01 10:10 PM

GTA3 might get better on Xbox, if the censors don't clean up the game first.

ScandalUMD 12-12-01 11:52 PM

Originally posted by ryekim
GTA3 might get better on Xbox, if the censors don't clean up the game first.
My bet is on it being roughly the same, with maybe a slightly faster framerate, and a quicker loadup at the start, and when changing city areas. The X-Box could possibly support better textures, or bump mapped streets or something, but it seems unlikely that the developers will bother to overhaul the game very much for its port to X-Box.

This has been the trend in many PS2 games that are being ported to X-Box. They may add a side mission, or bump map something, but they never re-model anything, and they rarely completely re-skin the game.

IamFlip 12-13-01 02:49 AM

Originally posted by ScandalUMD
My bet is on it being roughly the same, with maybe a slightly faster framerate, and a quicker loadup at the start, and when changing city areas. The X-Box could possibly support better textures, or bump mapped streets or something, but it seems unlikely that the developers will bother to overhaul the game very much for its port to X-Box.

This has been the trend in many PS2 games that are being ported to X-Box. They may add a side mission, or bump map something, but they never re-model anything, and they rarely completely re-skin the game.

...if the censors don't clean up the game first.