Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

New 24/7 Videogame Channel Coming This Spring!!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-01, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.g4tv.com or http://www.g4media.com/

check it out guys, seems sweet
Old 11-28-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hope it's nothing like what Gamepro did when they attempted to have a television show with that awful retard as their host.
Old 11-28-01, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

this should be alot better, its a whole channel so they have alot more time to talk about games, most videogame shows are horrible i think because they have to cram so much into 30 minutes and the shows are usually taped 1-2 weeks in advance and are out of date, this is a 24/7 channel and can review new games the day they come out or before plus go much more indepth in the reviews since the channel is 24/7 i think it is going to be really cool directv better carry it!
Old 11-29-01, 08:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Centurion
I hope it's nothing like what Gamepro did when they attempted to have a television show with that awful retard as their host.
Wasn't that the same guy that hosted Mula beach and all those other Nick shows?
Old 11-29-01, 09:17 AM

The site has an option where you can enter your zip code, and it responds with a drop-down list of the cable and satellite providers for your area. You can then choose how you'd like to contact the provider about requesting that this new channel be added when it's available. I chose the e-mail option, and after adding my name and e-mail address, an e-mail was sent to Dish Network in my behalf.

Might want to check this option out if you'd like to make a request to your provider to add this channel in the future!
Old 11-29-01, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mmconhea

Wasn't that the same guy that hosted Mula beach and all those other Nick shows?
wasn't it J.D. Roth?? host of the ever-popular Fun House??
Old 11-29-01, 12:27 PM

mkdevo--
mmconhea--

I think we're all correct.
He's the one that is now co-hosting that 'Gender Wars' (or something to that extent) gameshow with some woman.

That guy cracks me up only because he looks lame and because of the way he talks. But I guess that's inevitable when you have to do gameshows for children. But why does he still act like that now?

Hahahaha!
Old 11-29-01, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah that guy will be hosting crap game shows untill he's 80- and he'll still look like the same 17 year old. Fun house was an awesome show though!
Old 11-29-01, 02:08 PM

I always thought the other co-host (Brennan something?) was the one that seemed retarded. Compared to him, J.D. Roth seemed almost normal. Of course I haven't seen the show since '92 or so--I don't know if the Brennan guy was still on the show when they moved it to cable.
Old 11-29-01, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember that gamepro show just barely, it used to come on around 7:00 A.M. on Saturday morning and I never woke up that early hehe.

Would a whole channel dedicated to videogames be too much though? I'm not sure, but is there enough stuff to cover for teh whole channel. The only gaming show I watch on TV (that I know of) is Extended Play which is pretty cool as they're pretty good with their reviews and showing gameplay, plus the hosts are also from techlive too so they at least have some broadcasting experience unlike everyone's good friend J.D. hehehe. I guess I don't watch T.V enough now I've never heard of gender wars or mula beach(?), whatever they are they don't sound too exciting especially if "he's" hosting it, but thats getting off topic .
Old 11-29-01, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Do you guys remember Starcade (or Starrcade?) from the 80's? Ran on TBS for a couple of years and involved kids playing platform and/or arcade games against one another? I used to love that show.
Old 11-29-01, 08:36 PM
Mod Emeritus

Was that the show that had the beat the wizard sequence where you could try and stump some geeky video game bastard?