DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/162059-star-wars-trilogy-arcade.html)

Jackskeleton 11-28-01 02:28 AM

Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

Well am I to assume that the arcade game will never hit any home systems since it was made by sega? This was a great game, and other then the fact that you are always on a track, it is right up there with the battles like rouge squad 2.

Anyone have any comments about this game or any idea if it will ever hit the home market?

KnightLerxst 11-28-01 02:31 AM

This is a game I was hoping would hit the DC. Sadly with Rogue Leader out now, I doubt it will happen.

RudeBoie 11-28-01 03:35 AM

Sega said back in early 2000 that SW Arcade would never come to the DC.

D'oh!

Though you figure it wouldn't be that great of a home game anyway

dek 11-28-01 05:05 AM

Once Ep 1 came out, Lucas wanted this game to disappear and never to appear on any systems. Hopefully, they will Mame this baby :D

mwestep 11-28-01 06:30 PM

I think it MIGHT have came out for the Sega 32x (addon to the Genesis), although I might be mistaken...

Well I'm pretty sure it is the same game...

Link to Ebay Auction featuring the game

dek 11-28-01 06:47 PM

Originally posted by mwestep
I think it MIGHT have came out for the Sega 32x (addon to the Genesis), although I might be mistaken...

Nope, not the same game :( I bought the 32X for this pile of crap game.

mwestep 11-28-01 06:50 PM

I never played it, but I guess it was worth a shot for those who wanted it.

ClarkKentKY 11-28-01 06:53 PM

32X game sucked,. I never could get past the third level... Where you go inside the super star destroyer.

No cheats either. :(

dek 11-28-01 06:59 PM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
32X game sucked,. I never could get past the third level... Where you go inside the super star destroyer.

No cheats either. :(

Yeah that game was hard as hell, friggin Sega!!!!!!!!!

Aghama 11-28-01 07:06 PM

A few months ago I was trying to get #1 at the machine at my local gameworks (I was at 3 or 4), but then they reset the scores. What's the point?

KnightLerxst 11-28-01 07:11 PM

Originally posted by mwestep

Different games. Star Wars Arcade for the 32x was a port of an earlier Star Wars Arcade game that came out in the mid 90s. The newer Star Wars game just came out a few years ago.

Anthony Soprano 11-29-01 12:45 AM

I have only seen this game one time ever at an arcade. I thought the Hoth level was done very nice, but I did not really care for the Endor scenario.

olie029 11-29-01 01:08 AM

I loved the death star attack :)

Jackskeleton 11-29-01 01:25 AM

Not to mention that the saber battle with Fett and Vader were the best around. :)

Man, One of these days I will have that arcade machine in my future house, in a game room... (man, thats a pipe dream) ;)

Fanboy 11-29-01 08:40 AM

You might not have to dream too hard, Jackskeleton.

My buddy and I went to a local arcade distrubutor's auction about 2 weeks ago and were AMAZED! by the prices some of the machines go for.

I could have had an entire NBA JAM (OK, kinda old, but...) with monitor, marquee (the sign at the top), four-player controls and working boards for $75 CDN!

Another item that came up was for a Sega Rally. It was near the back of the warehouse and there were about 200 items up for auction so we were kinda crowded and couldn't see it. Bidding stopped at $100 CDN. Later, we got to the back and took a peek --

WHOA!!

It was a sit-down deluxe model with the 40" projection screen!!!

For $100!!!!

Well worth your time to scout around your local arcade distribs. and find out if they have any auctions scheduled for your area.

AOD 11-29-01 06:24 PM

Fanboy,
is there a website out there that has links to where there would be any auctions like that. Sheesh, a $100 for a sit down rally is a bargain!

xmiyux 11-30-01 12:00 AM

Originally posted by AOD
Fanboy,
is there a website out there that has links to where there would be any auctions like that. Sheesh, a $100 for a sit down rally is a bargain!

I second this request - wow that would be crazy cool to get something that fun for that good of a price.

dek 11-30-01 05:38 AM

Originally posted by AOD
Fanboy,

PS - 100 Canadian = about 67 bucks US. Only place you are going to get deals like that is in Canada I would say. I went to a Tilt at a mall that is basically dead and they were selling crap games for 1500. F that!

Fanboy 11-30-01 11:03 AM

Well, dek, I cannot speak for the guys at the mall, but I think looking in a mall might be the first mistake you made.

Most of the places that really deal in videogames (talking hundreds - thousands of machines) will have cheap warehouse space in an industrial park. These guys are interested in liquidating old stock and whatever $$ they can get for old machines just taking up space is gravy for them. They've already made back their purchase price on the machines.

The first place to look is in the Yellow Pages under Arcade or Amusement. This should give you a list of the dealers in your area. Some of them might not be too interested to talk to you as they are trying to deal in multiple machines, but if you are friendly you might even be able to visit their warehouse and make a deal on a machine. Ask about an auction first, as that shows that you know at least a little about what you are doing and don't mention a specific title -- that title might all of a sudden become "rare". Most arcade guys are kinda like used car dealers. Go in knowing what you want, but try not to let him know. Make him sell you the machine you want.

If the Yellow Pages route does not pan out, try the following links:
Super Auctions - These guys have a nice little site and do their own regional arcade auctions.
USA Amusements
ArcadeShopper.com
Auction Game Sales - Tenessee based company.

I once found a site that allows you to enter your state and would generate a list of upcoming arcade auctions from that. Sorry, I cannot find the URL for it right now.

If you are in the Toronto area, check out Starburst Amusements on Kipling Ave. north of The Queensway. Their next auction is January 19, 2002. My buddy and I had such a blast at the last one (you meet up with people, compare what games are going for, get caught up in the excitement) that we'll be going back again.

Good luck to all interested.

dek 11-30-01 11:30 AM

Everywhere I have called, people sell games for usually upwards of 800$. Take here for example : http://www.gamedoc.com/gamelist.html

Games usually under 800 are more collector oriented, newer stuff like SW Arcade and whatnot is going to go for bucks. I've even called the Video Game dealers/warehouses and they try and charge an arm and a leg. They have auctions here too, haven't been to one yet because I've been broke.