Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Azurik vs. Obi Wan on XBOX?

Old 11-28-01, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Azurik vs. Obi Wan on XBOX?

Anyone thinking of getting either game?

I was debating whether or not I should buy Azurik, but now I think I'll wait another week and get Obi Wan instead.
Old 11-28-01, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

haven't even seen or heard anything on Azurik. Maybe I'll go check that out now.

But I'm trying to decide between Batman and Obi-Wan... How do you think SW starfighter will be?

update: Azurik looks sweet! I think I'm gonna wait until they're both released and see which one actually plays better before I buy...

Last edited by Shuki; 11-28-01 at 03:07 AM.
Old 11-28-01, 07:59 AM

I'm gonna pick up Azurik this weekend. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.
Old 11-28-01, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Fatman
I'm gonna pick up Azurik this weekend. I'll let you guys know what I think of it.
Great!
Keep us posted.
Old 11-29-01, 02:24 PM

As a side note:

I've noticed that videogame sites, well at least ign.com and gamespot.com, have been rather slow in posting reviews of new releases. I guess they're all caught up in the games at the offices. Damn, what a job!
Old 11-30-01, 04:08 AM

Azurik... Ughhhhh

Of all the Xbox games at E3 this year Azurik was by far the LEAST fun. It looked like a game that was being rushed to fill the action/adventure void for the Xbox launch.

Maybe they were able to pull it together at the last minute (they did wonders with Halo in the last few months), but I would take a wait and see attitude on this one. Try to rent it or demo it in-store before droping $50 on it.

-=cysco
Old 11-30-01, 08:42 AM

Well I picked it up last night. The graphics are phenominal. It's a little hard sometimes the shadowing is too good. Especially when you in a cave trying to find your way out with no light, until you see the light at the end of the tunnel. Gameplay, since this is the first time for me buying a console system since coleco it's a little hard to get used to. So many buttons on these controllers. Let's see. The left stick is used to move your character. The right stick is used to move the camera angle. I'm trying to get used to this. What's pretty cool is that the colored buttons match combinations that can be used in the game. Blue button(water), Red button(fire), Green(earth)I think, Yellow(air). But I'm not positive about the last 2. You also have to collect gems of these elements in order to know how much energy you can hold in that element. I only played for an hour so I'm not to well versed on it yet. Once I play a little more I'll try to give a better anology of the game.

The only problem I had, I was expecting a more RPG aspect. I am a big RPG fan, but I do like some adventure games. Overall, anyone looking for a pretty challenging game. I'd say buy it.
Old 11-30-01, 09:17 AM

I have seen it compared to Kings Quest???

If thats the case, I will pass on this one... What is that other RPG type game coming from MS?
Old 11-30-01, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I too played Azurik @ E3. I enjoyed but its not a rpg really. if you are looking for an rpg, Nightcaster (which was also there) fits the bill
Old 11-30-01, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Especially when you in a cave trying to find your way out with no light, until you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
So THAT's where that saying comes from!!