DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Poll: GameCube owners, what color(s) did you get for your other controller(s)? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/161775-poll-gamecube-owners-what-color-s-did-you-get-your-other-controller-s.html)

Goldberg74 11-27-01 09:50 AM

Poll: GameCube owners, what color(s) did you get for your other controller(s)?

I got a Jet GameCube, so my first controller was Jet, but I bought a (Spice) Orange for my second one. I'm thinking of 3rd party for my next one though...

Aghama 11-27-01 09:59 AM

Third time's the charm, eh? ;)

Spoiler:
Spice

Goldberg74 11-27-01 10:03 AM

Originally posted by Aghama
Third time's the charm, eh? ;)
The first time, I didn't check the "poll" box...

The second time, I didn't check the "multiple selections" box... (I realized people might have more than one...)

So the third time was a charm!

(I was hoping no one would notice... ;) )

Josh H 11-27-01 12:44 PM

I went with a black Pelican G3 controller for 3 reasons:

1. It was $22 instead of $34.95.
2. It comes with a free extension cable.
3. I rarely buy extra 1st party controllers. I already have one to use, why spend the extra money for a controller than will only be used by my friends. :p

That said, it is a very good controller. It's not quite as comfortable as the first party controller, but it is still comfy and seems to work fine.

Jeremy517 11-27-01 01:06 PM

Originally posted by Goldberg74

The first time, I didn't check the "poll" box...

The second time, I didn't check the "multiple selections" box... (I realized people might have more than one...)

So the third time was a charm!

(I was hoping no one would notice... ;) )

Fourth time....you forgot the "I didn't buy an extra controller" selection ;)

mljones99 11-27-01 06:42 PM

I got a black cube but my extra controller is indigo... had a friend send me one from japan after the japan launch.... and thats the only color available there. i will eventually get the spice and the clear/indigo so i'll have 4 controllers... each one different.

darkside 11-27-01 06:54 PM

If I can ever find an extra controller I will probably get the clear indigo one. My wife wants the Orange one though.

Edison 11-27-01 08:09 PM

My Cube was Jet, so 1st controller Jet, 2nd Spice (launch morning), 3rd was Indigo (launch evening). I'm waiting for a 4th color (other than that lame indigo/clear one...) Hoping for maybe an Arctic. :)
<P>
ohh and I have a lame Indigo Interact (sealed) that will be returned after christmas.

Goldberg74 11-27-01 10:03 PM

Originally posted by Edison
ohh and I have a lame Indigo Interact (sealed) that will be returned after christmas.
Is the Interact one bad? Why? They have a few them at Wal*Mart for $20... I was going to get one of those... they look like they are a little larger, but there's no other difference.

I haven't seen anything by Mad Catz or Pelican yet... although I do know the Pelican ones exist, thanks to a post above...

edytwinky 11-29-01 03:26 PM

I bought a Jet black Cube, so I bought one more black controller and two spice ones. I hate that Indigo.

Anthony Soprano 11-30-01 04:05 PM

i wanted a black one, so that is what i got! as far as after market controllers go, i think i am staying away from them from now on

Homer Simpson 11-30-01 04:11 PM

I got 1 indigo/clear, 1 spice, and one off brand silver

Also have the black controller that came with the black system

Kellehair 11-30-01 04:54 PM

I think some of the people who put down Orange are full of ****. I thought they were limited edition.

MyNameIsFree 11-30-01 07:35 PM

I have 2 jet black controllers, and 2 indigo/clear controllers. I promptly took apart 1 black and 1 indigo/clear and swapped parts givng me 1 black, 1 indigo/black, 1 indigo/clear, and 1 black/clear (which is my favorite combination). Unfortunately, I didn't have much to choose from when I bought my stuff and I had to have 4 different controllers. I think a black/spice would be great combination!

Goldberg74 12-10-01 09:52 PM

Bought a Pelican (Indigo) controller (with a 6' extension cable bundled in it) at Wal*Mart for $22.99!

That makes #3... I'm holding out for Nintendo's wireless controller as #4, any idea when that's coming out?

Get Me Coffee 12-10-01 10:26 PM

I have a goofy looking spice one!!!! YEaaaaa!!! C'mon!

KnightLerxst 12-11-01 12:10 AM

Black gc...black second controller...if I get more controllers they will be black as well...

joltaddict 12-11-01 10:30 AM

One Jet, one Spice, and one clear Indigo. I want a fourth but I want a new color.
And the Spice is mine, the others are for guests. :D

Darknight 12-11-01 11:07 AM

I got three Indigo controllers but I didn't have much choice since I bought them in Japan at the launch and they were the only color available. On the up side, for what I paid for those three controllers, it was $10 cheaper than buying two controllers here. =)

Get Me Coffee 12-11-01 12:24 PM

I just hope that Ninendo releases clear neon colors egi; GREEN!!

But for right now Indigo, Black and Oranage will do.

Ghym 12-11-01 01:14 PM

Originally posted by KnightSkywalker
Black gc...black second controller...if I get more controllers they will be black as well...
Same here.