Reload this Page >

Rogue Leader GC question.........

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 11-20-01, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have blown up the Death Star already, how did you do it? I have flown over that exhaust shaft a dozen times and shot my torpedos at it, but I have yet to blow it up. Is it a timing situation or are you supposed to shoot your regular lasers at it?
Thanks in advance. I can't wait to blow that bastard up!
Old 11-20-01, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
From what I heard, you can see the exhaust shaft if you look through the targetting computer (so much for "use the force Luke" ). I guess I just got lucky because I fired in the general direction and hit it. I just aimed at part of the wall.
Old 11-20-01, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aim for the lower 1/3 of the wall, and fire a few topedos, at least one will make it in. And yes the targeting computer.... the exhaust port will be the yellow rectangle
Old 11-20-01, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks guys, I will try it that way. I thought I had one time but it was Yavin IV blowing up.
Old 11-20-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Rogue Leader GC question.........

Originally posted by Anthony Soprano
If you have blown up the Death Star already, how did you do it? I have flown over that exhaust shaft a dozen times and shot my torpedos at it, but I have yet to blow it up. Is it a timing situation or are you supposed to shoot your regular lasers at it?
Thanks in advance. I can't wait to blow that bastard up!
When I saw the wall I started to pull up, then pitched down and shot my torpedoes.
Old 11-21-01, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Liver&Onions is right. Aim lower and fire off a few and the comp. takes over.
Old 11-21-01, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I finally blew it up! The next level seemed really easy to me. The Hoth level seems fun.
Old 11-21-01, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally blew it up! The next level seemed really easy to me. The Hoth level seems fun.
Oh man wait til you get to the Battle Of Endor...the true geek in me came out during that level...drool...
Old 11-21-01, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by KnightSkywalker

Oh man wait til you get to the Battle Of Endor...the true geek in me came out during that level...drool...

I never liked star wars, but I got to that level last night and DAMN! I was sweating and yelling out. What a rush!
Old 11-21-01, 11:57 AM
Retired

The Hoth level was pretty easy for me too, as I'd done it in several other games, however the difficulty takes a huge jump after this level. The next level is damn tough, probably took me 10-15 trys to beat it, and I haven't gotten past the level after that yet.
Old 11-24-01, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
joshhinkle,

You found the Hoth level easy?? Wow. I'm about ready to throw my Gamecube across the room because of this level. I don't know how many times I've circled an AT-AT like 3 times only to have the cable suddenly release before the damn thing falls down. And just when I think I've got the hang of it, the game ends because the Ion cannon gets blown up or an AT-AT reaches Echo base.

Overall, I find this game very pretty to look at but unnecessarily difficult to play. I don't have to worry about getting gold or silver medals because I'll never even get a bronze. Just completing a level is hard enough let alone achieving every goal on the checklist. I wish companies that know how to make fun games (like Sega or Nintendo) would make Star Wars games for consoles because I think Lucasarts has a history of making SW games too hard IMHO.
Old 11-24-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Joe Schmoe
I wish companies that know how to make fun games (like Sega or Nintendo) would make Star Wars games for consoles because I think Lucasarts has a history of making SW games too hard IMHO.
It's always a tough call. Games that are too easy can also be just as bad. Once I read the walkthrough and knew exactly what to do the Hoth level was easy and I nearly beat the next level, but I just couldn't bomb those stupid towers fast enough. The game is very hard, but for people good at flight combat type games its actually pretty easy. My friend has already beat the game and is now just going back for gold medals. He is always good at these kind of games, however. I can destroy him on Madden and NBA2K2 though.
Old 11-24-01, 06:11 PM

I find the game moderately challenging if you just want to beat it to the last level, but getting all the medals are extremely challenging (I still haven't tried the extra levels yet...saving up my points!) I think this game Lucasarts wasn't really in charge of making the game, they mearly provided Factor 5 with the data and info for ships and level and stuff. Yes, reading the FAQs circulating around the net helps. I was stuck one time trying to figure out where the observation deck was on the Star Destroyer, and just to find out it's that puny window opening on the top! In order to pass missions and get medal, I have a word of advice: do everything as fast as possible!
Old 11-24-01, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

joshhinkle,

Overall, I find this game very pretty to look at but unnecessarily difficult to play. I don't have to worry about getting gold or silver medals because I'll never even get a bronze. Just completing a level is hard enough let alone achieving every goal on the checklist
With this game, as with the ones that came before it, the real secret is learning to cut corners.

Example. Game spoiler alert
Spoiler:
Razors Rondevous was initially impossible to me. Then once I got a few upgrades and learned to cut corners I ended up getting a gold. The secret is to just go for the Generators on top flat out, launch 6 torps a piece, then crash, take out the bottom dome, then go up top and shoot six guns and the bridge. Boom done. It takes many tries, and many deaths, but I never thought I would beat that level and I ended up getting a gold.
Old 11-24-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have a question about the shield, laser, and bomb power ups....I have found the one in Hoth, but I can not find the one on the Death Star at all. Once you pick a power up or upgrade, do you have to beat that level on that try to keep it and do you keep it for every ship you fly after that?
Old 11-24-01, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a question about the shield, laser, and bomb power ups....I have found the one in Hoth, but I can not find the one on the Death Star at all. Once you pick a power up or upgrade, do you have to beat that level on that try to keep it and do you keep it for every ship you fly after that?
You do have to complete the mission after getting the powerup. Then after the mission, you should see that you got the powerup. After that all ships that you fly should have it. You can also see this when you select a ship, and it should say something about the armament. (ex. Advanced Concussion Missles)

I'm not sure if you have to complete the mission on that try or not. Again, you can just check at the end to see if it was awarded to you.

For the Death star one, I'd say just try flying across the death star surface during the tie fighter attack. Since you only care about getting the powerup and completing it, you can throw any concerns about getting a fast time out.

hope that helps...
Old 11-25-01, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok fellas, I am on the Star Destroyer level and that is the hardest level I have ever played in any video game....period. It is fun as hell, but damn is it hard! If you have to use the B-Wing and it only has 12 of those torpedos, then you would have to die a few times to blow up all 3 of those generators regardless.
Old 11-25-01, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok fellas, I am on the Star Destroyer level and that is the hardest level I have ever played in any video game....period. It is fun as hell, but damn is it hard! If you have to use the B-Wing and it only has 12 of those torpedos, then you would have to die a few times to blow up all 3 of those generators regardless.
I posted a strategy for that level up above in the spoilers...that should work for ya.
Old 11-25-01, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does the power up on the Death Star look like the one on Hoth?
Old 11-25-01, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

KnightSkywalker,

You talked about cutting corners, and then gave an example. It's been blacked out though. Who blacked it out and why?
Old 11-25-01, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

KnightSkywalker,

You talked about cutting corners, and then gave an example. It's been blacked out though. Who blacked it out and why?
Joe, just left click on your mouse and hold it down over the part that is blacked out.
Old 11-25-01, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anthony Soprano,

Thanks for the instructions.

KnightSkywalker,

I don't want to give anything away, but now that I read your advice I can't believe the strategy that's necessary to get a gold medal in this game (at least on that level). It seems to contradict instinct and logic. I guess it worked for you, but the lengths you had to go to I think shows just how tough this game is.
Old 11-25-01, 12:27 PM
Retired

joshhinkle,

You found the Hoth level easy?? Wow. I'm about ready to throw my Gamecube across the room because of this level

Well I've played very similar Hoth levels in previous games, i.e. Rogue Squadron, Shadows of the Empire, so flying around the AT-At's was a snap for me. I beat the level on my first try.
Old 11-25-01, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok, does the power up on the Death Star look like the one on Hoth and can you see it using the targeting system. I need this one really bad, but I can not find it at all. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-25-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The challenge level of Rogue Leader is perfect IMO! Finally a game that rewards skill. In "Razor Rendezvous", the trick is to take out as many of the guns from the Star Destroyer as possible. You can take them out from a distance.

But if you happen to get stuck, GameFAQs.com is a good place to find help. Here is a good FAQ on Rogue Leader.

Last edited by CreatureX; 11-25-01 at 06:06 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.