I desperately need Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-01, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I desperately need Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 help

Level: Philadelphia
Goal: Collect all cash

I'm trying to jump up onto that freakin' balcony on nothing I'm doing is working. I made it up there once whenever I drained the fountain, but that's it. I haven't been able to do it again.

The way I did it the first time was at the start of the level I grinded the little wooden structure a little to the right at the beginning, then I 'No Comply'd over the ramp and finally grinded the middle stairway rail heading for the little ramp in front of the balcony. No matter what I try I cannot get the timing right to get up to the balcony.

Can anyone offer some tips? Where exactly to I let go of the jump button to get the maximum lift?

All my stats are maxed.
Old 11-20-01, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can clear the first ramp and land on the rail, you're guaranteed to be going fast enough. Try nosebluntsiding the rail too, it at least seems to make you go faster. The timing for the jump is hard, but you want to no-comply right after you leave the ground. Once I got it down, I was able to do it 2 times out of 3.
Old 11-25-01, 06:11 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Also, wall grind the wall and wallie up to it. You have to get pretty good speed, but the easiest way is to just just wallriding and wallieing up to it until you get it. Good luck.
Old 11-25-01, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Doing the moon gravity code works as well

in case frustration overwhelms you.
Old 11-26-01, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.....

Why don't you just grind up the telephone cable?!

Go to where the water fountain is. Right above it, you'll see a cable (it's not directly above the center of the fountain, but it does run over the fountain). Follow it down to where it begins and begin your grind from there. Get as much speed as you can then ollie onto the cable. Once you're grinding do a simple kick flip and land on the cable by grinding again. You'll need to do this several times to maintain speed.

Trust me. This is the EASIEST way to get up there.
Old 11-26-01, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Centurion

Go to where the water fountain is. Right above it, you'll see a cable (it's not directly above the center of the fountain, but it does run over the fountain). Follow it down to where it begins and begin your grind from there. Get as much speed as you can then ollie onto the cable. Once you're grinding do a simple kick flip and land on the cable by grinding again. You'll need to do this several times to maintain speed.

Thanks for the tips everyone. The above method is what I used to get the secret tape, but I'm having trouble going all the way up the line. I'll give this method another go.

I'm surprised to see this thread survive the weekend. I haven't been able to try any of the tips because of Thanksgiving vacation but I'm sure I'll get back into it tonight.
Old 11-26-01, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Centurion

That's how my friend got up to the balcony, but the ramp method is much easier & faster once you get the timing down. Especially if you're trying to 100% all the skaters.
Old 11-26-01, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I always do the ramp thing. I usually do a kickflip onto the woodrail right in the begining, grind, then kickflip off it. Then I boneless the ramp before the the handrails, doing 2 kickflips in the air, then grind the rail down. Then just boneless to the balcony.
Old 11-26-01, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I gave it another shot tonight and had luck using the grind up the telephone wire trick. The constant kick-flipping was the key. I think I'll probably be using that method from now on.
Old 11-26-01, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Like I emphasized in my post above, the telphone cable is the EASIEST way. If you use the ramp, you've got to practice with nearly perfect timing or you'll never make it.
Old 11-27-01, 12:09 AM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

I've only got up there using the ramp maybe about 3 out of the 50 times I've tried. I usually wallie or grind the power line, but I guess it doesn't matter which way you use, as long as you get up there.