DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   What system did you own before you bought your XBox or GameCube? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/160357-what-system-did-you-own-before-you-bought-your-xbox-gamecube.html)

loganhunter2002 11-20-01 07:53 PM

What system did you own before you bought your XBox or GameCube?

Hi,
Out of curiosity, I was just wondering what game console did people use to have before their purchase of the new gaming systems, ie. PS2, XBox, and GameCube. I used to own a Dreamcast before they decided to kill it. Still has many good games for it though. Shenmue rocks.

Troy Stiffler 11-20-01 08:23 PM

Had PS2
Sold PS2 (I thought it sucked)
Bought Super Nintendo
Bought Gamecube

KnightLerxst 11-20-01 08:37 PM

Neo Geo Pocket and a Dreamcast.

I actually got out of console gaming for about 3 or 4 years after the quick painful death of the Sega Saturn. I tested the waters with the Pocket (which died quickly as well) and on a whim picked up the Dreamcast last summer. I love that damn thing.

Now I have the cube and I am in awe, but I am going to still play my DC, I have too many good games on that system.

Josh H 11-20-01 10:13 PM

GBA
Dreamcast
N64
PSX (stuffed under the coach)
SNES at my mom and dad's

explosivej 11-20-01 10:30 PM

N64
SNES
NES

dgc 11-20-01 10:38 PM

N64
PS2

Now I own an XBOX too.

LOL, no fanboy loyalty. Just the games I like,..... and that's the way it should be.

mljones99 11-20-01 10:50 PM

currently dreamcast and ps2 before i got my cube. but i got a nes, snes, genesis, segacd, and a turbo graphix 16 back at my moms house that I need to ressurect next time I go visit

lesterlong 11-20-01 10:50 PM

NES
GENESIS
N64
DREAMCAST

Outlaw 11-20-01 11:22 PM

I got'em in this order:

1)PSX- I bought it for Castlevania and Final Fantasy 7
2)N64 - Mario 64 and Pilotwings ruled!
3)PS2 - Was scared I wasn't going to be able to get one later so I waited in line before the store opened to get one.
4)Dreamcast - After they lowered the price of the system to $99 and the games it was an incredible steal.....also the fact that I had $60 worth of amazon gift certificates I only got my DC for $40 the week they reduced the price

I just bought a Gamecube last week because Wave race and Super Monkey Ball are really awesome!! And I got it for Super Smash Bros Melee :cool:

darkside 11-21-01 12:37 AM

I bought a PS2 at launch, but sold it two months later due to problems and lack of games.

I have mainly used my PSone and Dreamcast and of course my Game Boy Advance. Bought a Gamecube on Sunday and really like it. Don't know when I will get a PS2 or Xbox, but they will have to drop below $200 first.

Of course I still play my N64, Saturn, 3DO, SNES, Sega CDX, Neo Geo Pocket, and NES from time to time. :)