DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Any X-Box's seen in stores today? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/159280-any-x-boxs-seen-stores-today.html)

agrall 11-16-01 12:22 PM

Any X-Box's seen in stores today?

Just curious as to where anyone might have spied X-Box's on the shelves today...

RoQuEr 11-16-01 12:56 PM

I was talking to a guy at the Best Buy service counter today. He saids that they didn't sell out till 2:00 PM yesterday, and that several other nearby stores hadn't sold out yet (Central Florida). Oh yeah, I saw several demo models too :D

WhattheFFF 11-16-01 05:10 PM

My Wal-Mart in Rocklin, CA had 1 left about 10 AM this morning. I was there to try out the GC. Luigi's Mansion is pretty awesome I think I might have to get one. RSVL

agrall 11-16-01 06:29 PM

Well, apparently the order I placed at Sam's Club shipped already, so I'm good to go. Thanks anyway!

bubbleboy 11-16-01 06:48 PM

I saw some at Cerritos, CA TRU but bundles only. There were also 5 individual systems at Target, Industry,CA. There out there you just have to look a little.

jeffdsmith 11-16-01 07:10 PM

There are some in the west lafayette indiana area. Best buy, Walmarts have em.

SmackDaddy 11-16-01 10:51 PM

Anyone in Houston looking for one should try the KB Toys at Baybrook Mall. They had about 10 of 'em in stock. No accesories or much in the way of games, but they did have the units. I picked mine up a a K-Mart today(before I hit the mall)and was just looking around the electronics area, one of the guys said they had jusr recieved 2 Xboxes, I couldn't resist the temptation and bought one. I then got Halo and DOA3 at Circuit City and the Hi-def A/V pack at EB. All I can say is that it is pretty awesome.

Thunderball 11-16-01 11:12 PM

I saw a couple today.
EB had about 3
TRU had 3 or 4
Target had 8
mom and pops had like 2.

Not a great launch apparently, the system is available.

lordzeppelin 11-17-01 04:03 AM

Originally posted by Thunderball
Not a great launch apparently, the system is available.
I would argue that since there were systems available, that it is and was a fantastic launch, as they didn't make the same mistake that sony made by not having enough systems to meet demand, thus maximizing their profit on day one by having most people who want one getting one, as well as making the buyers of the system happy.

Mattalos 11-17-01 04:22 AM

And I would argue that they had 200,000 less than Sony, and that there isn't enough demand for it to sell out of even 300,000. But that's just me.

tjr2mental 11-17-01 07:58 AM

I think it is is a bit hard to find here in michigan. I looked at like 15 diffrent stores yesterday, and will be looking once again today.

I finally get permission to buy one, and I can't find it. If I do not get it soon, I might just lose intrest and not get it once they are more availible.

agrall 11-17-01 08:10 AM

Originally posted by tjr2mental
I think it is is a bit hard to find here in michigan. I looked at like 15 diffrent stores yesterday, and will be looking once again today.

I finally get permission to buy one, and I can't find it. If I do not get it soon, I might just lose intrest and not get it once they are more availible.

Hey!

I ordered an X-Box/Halo/NFL Fever/extra controller bundle from Sam's Club for a good price 2 days ago, and it shipped yesterday. Give that a shot if you are a Sam's member...