DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   I impulse bought a GAMECUBE today at Disc Jockey! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/158833-i-impulse-bought-gamecube-today-disc-jockey.html)

cartman 11-14-01 07:05 PM

I impulse bought a GAMECUBE today at Disc Jockey!

Darn my impusle buying! Since there was a rumor that the stores owned by TWEC were selling their gamecube's early, I stopped by after getting some Ice Cream, and sure enough, they (Disc Jockey) were selling their gamecubes. No bundles, not overpricing, just $199 for the system, $50 per game, ,$15 for the memory card. I got Rogue Squadron, Wave Race, and SUPER MONKEY BALL (!!!!). I just love saying Super Monkey Ball really loud. Anyway, I'm off to continue playing it now. Woo hoo!

GeoffK 11-14-01 07:19 PM

cartman, be sure to give us all a full report :)

Aghama 11-14-01 07:31 PM

You should post this on IGN, so you can have dozens of kids call you a liar and call your manhood into question. ;)

SpacemanSpiff 11-14-01 07:45 PM

you whore!
damnit i have to wait like 3 more days
sucks

PhYbEr 11-14-01 08:38 PM

How is Super Monkey Ball? I have it sitting right here in front of me and can't wait to play it! Lemme know!

Sominex 11-14-01 09:51 PM

Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
you whore!
damnit i have to wait like 3 more days
sucks

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Damn, you lucky basta*d!

Congratulations

Tell me EVERYTHING that came in the box...

AND

Were there a lot of GC's on hand there?

cartman 11-14-01 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Sominex

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Damn, you lucky basta*d!

Congratulations

Tell me EVERYTHING that came in the box...

AND

Were there a lot of GC's on hand there?

EVERYTHING?! I'll pass on listing the little "instruction" packet. You get the Gamecube, normal AV cables, 1 controller, and the Power pack. Was there something else you were wanting to know if it came with? I don't know how many they had. I walked in, went to their video game "section", and saw a gamecube box on the wall. I asked if they had them, she said yes, and I asked for one. They didn't have any black, so I got a purple. I was only the third person to buy one today, so I don't think they're having a real "shortage" right now. They only had Luigi's (4)Mansion, Rogue Leader (1 left), and Waverace (2 left) for games. They also had memory cards, controllers, and video cables.

SUPER MONKEY BALL!! is really simple, and really fun. Wave race is, well, Wave race with AWESOME water (Wave race for the N64 was one of my favorite games for that system, so I'm happy with it). Rogue Leader is nothing new in gameplay, and it's sometimes hard to find the Tie's you are supposted to kill, but it's fun. I do wish you could skip ahead of the "cinematics", though.

The controller took a while to get used to (I still can't hit that Z button on a whim), but is pretty nice. MUCH better than the N64 controller.

I can't frickin wait for the Resident Evil games on here!

I'm going to play Metal Gear Solid 2 for a while now, but if anyone has any specific questions, I'll answer them in about an hour (and probably talk a bit more about the games I got).

Outlaw 11-14-01 10:13 PM

Wow cool you got it already! I envy you heheh, mind if I stop by your house tomorrow? :) Just kidding

I was thinking about checking around in the mall to see if they had any but then I've got a super hard Microbiology exam tomorrow I have to study for :(

Kinda glad that the GC comes out on the weekend though, I'll have plenty of time then.

Thunderball 11-15-01 12:01 AM

I have 3 malls in my area, and a day off tomorrow. I wonder what I'm doing. :lol: