DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   I just got the DC Maraca controllers! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/153420-i-just-got-dc-maraca-controllers.html)

Abranut 10-25-01 06:46 AM

I just got the DC Maraca controllers!

Well, you may not be excited but I certainly am. :D

I guess I should probably now get Samba De Amigo, huh? There's a Samba 2, right?

I found the controllers for 20 bucks (I'm in Taiwan) and I had read too much good stuff about them online to turn down that price.

Anyone else own these/have any experience with them?

EDIT to add image

http://dcmedia.ign.com/media/hardwar...acas/in_07.jpg

mmconhea 10-25-01 08:55 AM

I've been shopping around for some. In the US, you'd be lucky to find SEGA brand ones for less than 60. And I want 2 pairs.

Have fun with them- I'm sure a lot of Samba fans envy you.

Abranut 10-25-01 10:05 AM

Originally posted by mmconhea
I've been shopping around for some. In the US, you'd be lucky to find SEGA brand ones for less than 60. And I want 2 pairs.

Have fun with them- I'm sure a lot of Samba fans envy you.

Well these certainly aren't Sega brand. They are generic, and i still don't even know if they work.

Why would you need two pairs?

mmconhea 10-25-01 02:13 PM

two player mode is insane!!

Abranut 10-25-01 03:26 PM

two player mode is insane!!
Are you telling me that I now have to go back and pick up another pair? :)

mmconhea 10-26-01 10:13 AM

If you've got someone esle that would enjoy the game as much as you, especially a girl. $40 is so worth it.

Samba de Amigo + 2 pair of Maracas + Women = Kick-Ass Party

Abranut 10-26-01 01:11 PM

If you've got someone esle that would enjoy the game as much as you, especially a girl. $40 is so worth it.

Wow. You should sell these things.

I've never played Samba de Amigo, but I've heard great things. I love playing games with friends, so I think I have to pick up a second pair.

Thanks for your help, mmconhea. :)

joltaddict 10-26-01 01:38 PM

So true. So worth $60!!!! Most fun I ever had watching other people play a videogame. :D

Abranut 10-27-01 04:30 AM

I was planning on not bringing my DC back to school with me next semester...but you guys sure are twisting my arm...:D

Triton 02-20-02 02:24 AM

I'm bumping to see if anyone knows where to get these. Are they available online anywhere?

Keyser Soze 02-20-02 02:43 AM

I have 2 pairs of the authentic Sega brand maracas. That game kicks ass!

-k
###

mmconhea 02-20-02 08:24 AM

Originally posted by dvdaddict17
I'm bumping to see if anyone knows where to get these. Are they available online anywhere?
I checked all my sources. Most are sold out here's what I found:
link1
Best Price here

Deadpool 02-20-02 11:37 AM

Somewhat off topic

I checked all my sources. Most are sold out here's what I found:
link1
Best Price here

Thanks for that link. I've been looking everywhere for the DC cooling fan. Just ordered one.

Outlaw 02-20-02 12:37 PM

Let us know how these 3rd party maraccas work out for you in terms of playability and fun factor :).

I've been dieing to get a set of these but I can't find the sega ones anywhere for less than $80 a pair. I'm really tempted to get one from that link you posted now.

Triton 02-20-02 01:09 PM

If we can coordinate for the bulk buyer discount, they would only be $14 each! btw, the official sega floor sensors were pads so I don't know how the EM3 sensors will work. Please post if you have heard anything about these.

Triton 02-20-02 03:37 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is an incredible deal:

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=492&

Pasco 02-21-02 02:24 AM

It's definitely a better game with the maracas. I have one Sega pair (for me) and one no-name pair (for the other player). What's funny is that the local Software Etc. has had a used pair of Sega ones lying around for weeks and they're only $30. I'm surprised no one has picked them up yet. I should buy 'em and put 'em up on eBay. I've bought things before (import Saturn games) to put on eBay, though, and they're still lying around. I'll leave 'em for someone who needs them.

mmconhea 02-21-02 08:12 AM

lik sang ships from hong kong I think. So check shipping costs.

Fielding Mellish 02-21-02 09:56 AM

I ordered a pair for my wife from Lik Sang. Shipping was pretty steep, even for ground shipping... over 10 bucks US. We didn't recieve the shipment until two months later!!

Just keep this in mind.

Triton 02-21-02 01:53 PM

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish
I ordered a pair for my wife from Lik Sang. Shipping was pretty steep, even for ground shipping... over 10 bucks US. We didn't recieve the shipment until two months later!!

Just keep this in mind.

How's the quality?

Fielding Mellish 02-22-02 12:39 PM

We just got them. The build quality feels pretty nice.

When we try 'em out, I'll post back.

Triton 02-22-02 08:05 PM

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish
We just got them. The build quality feels pretty nice.

When we try 'em out, I'll post back.

thanks. i'm very interested as you can tell by this thread. ;)

Outlaw 03-12-02 11:53 PM

If you people that have these have a chance, please post feedback on how these 3rd party controllers have been treating you, just impressions are fine too. Thanks :D.

I finally found a copy of Samba de amigo for $6.00 hidden away in the back at my local sears and picked it up.

brianmclean 03-13-02 10:16 AM

I have a third party pair. I have never used the Sega ones so I have nothing to compare them too, but they seemed to work very fine. After you get used to them and know how to play I can smoke the game. There is a limited sensor range, so my wife who waves her arms around like crazy can't score as well.
Hope that helps.