Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Another must own game

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-01, 01:51 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is just off the top of my head, but look for a configuration of buildings kinda like this. The building with the asterisks is the garage.

[][][][][]

[ ] [**]

Thanks, but I actually found it about 20 minutes after I posted the message. I only have the dodo left to get before I get all the cars, but I don't think I can get it until the 3rd city.
Old 11-07-01, 09:18 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I stacked the cars after the first check point, right before the second one. The cars that i placed didn't dissapear though :-\, I have noticed that sometimes the game is picky on what it wants to leave where you leave it.

Todd

PS. Has anyone seen the Cheetah car? That car is sweet
Old 11-08-01, 11:36 AM

Hey I was just curious how many packages everybody has WITHOUT CHEATING and looking it up somewhere I am up to 36.

And yes the cheetah Car is wicked sweet
Old 11-08-01, 11:43 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by Dragon Fly
The cars that i placed didn't dissapear though :-\, I have noticed that sometimes the game is picky on what it wants to leave where you leave it.
I've noticed the same thing. Just for grins I decided I wanted to create a big traffic jam so I jacked a big tour bus and blocked the road ... then jacked each car that stopped and whacked their drivers. But if I ran more a block away ... then came right back. The cars would vaporize.

Yes, the cheetah is sweet. I got the Rasta's mad at me because I was picking off folks from the parking garage with my sniper rifle. When you shoot the Rasta's in the head this GYSER of blood blasts skyward.
Old 11-08-01, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross

When you shoot the Rasta's in the head this GYSER of blood blasts skyward.
It's even cooler with the code that lets you blow off limbs.
Old 11-08-01, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by Neo512210
Hey I was just curious how many packages everybody has WITHOUT CHEATING and looking it up somewhere I am up to 36.
I'm on Staunton Island and have a grand total of...10!

This game is ridiculous. I failed a mission and just for kicks, started lobbing grenades into the street. This passenger bus got hit, turned sideways on its two rightmost wheels, and started careening towards me. I just stood there and it missed me by thismuch. Looked like something out of a movie. Then of course, this jogger runs up to me and tries to lay the smack down. Did she not see the grenade in my hand? No matter, she saw the shotgun...
Old 11-08-01, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mrglass

Then of course, this jogger runs up to me and tries to lay the smack down. Did she not see the grenade in my hand? No matter, she saw the shotgun...
Now THAT'S funny!

My only problem with this game is that the constant motion on the screen makes me feel nauseous after about 30 minutes. The original Twisted Metal used to do the same to me. Does getting sick while playing an ultra-violent game bring my manhood into question?

Daryl
Old 11-08-01, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Neo512210

I'm on Staunton Island and I have 57 or 58. I've pretty much maxed out what I'm going to be able to find w/o a guide, though.
Old 11-08-01, 07:09 PM

if you get motion sickness in the game, try this... go into the display options and turn trails OFF. Maybe that will help ya a bit .
Old 11-08-01, 07:28 PM

Originally posted by tygloalex

Yeah I couldn't get that to work either. Plus when I got out of the fire engine, the triads kicked my butt bad. I won't tell you how I won it because no one will respect me anymore.
Not sure if this works, but just a thought . . . Jack a few cars and park in front of the three cars in the race (right in front of the line up without touching them). When jacking cars, don't go too far ahead because the cars will disappear when you come back to the race area. Park them sideways in front of the line-up. Jack an other car and park in the "blue" area. When the clock starts, get ready to race while the line-up runs straight into your blockade.
Old 11-09-01, 07:53 AM

Originally posted by Daryl

Now THAT'S funny!

My only problem with this game is that the constant motion on the screen makes me feel nauseous after about 30 minutes. The original Twisted Metal used to do the same to me. Does getting sick while playing an ultra-violent game bring my manhood into question?

Daryl
You're not the only one, Daryl. I am highly susceptible to motion sickness (so much so, that I can WATCH somebody on a merry-go-round and if I'm standing too close, I start to get sick). I got a little sickness with GTA3 at first, but luckily, the more I play something and get used to it, the better I get. I can play it now with pretty much no problems at all.

I did have to sell Twisted Metal: Black because it was just TOO silky-smooth, and I was damn near barfing 15 minutes into every game. Unfortunately, I wasn't getting any better with time, either, so I had to trade it off for something a little more "stable"...
Old 11-09-01, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mwestep
if you get motion sickness in the game, try this... go into the display options and turn trails OFF. Maybe that will help ya a bit .
Hey, that helped - thanks! I was able to play as long as I wanted to last night (about 90 minutes). I felt it a little, but not nearly as much as before, when I thought I was gonna puke all over!

Originally posted by DavePack

You're not the only one, Daryl.
At least it's not just me! I thought with GTA3, it would get better after a while like Perfect Dark did on the N64, but it had been actually getting worse. I haven't played TM:Black a lot, so I don't know if that will bother me.

Daryl
Old 11-09-01, 02:12 PM

Yeah, no problem. I also found out that turning off trails improves the framerate and makes the whole image a lot brighter. There are way too many good games coming out for the ps2 right now. I haven't touched DMC or NHL 2002 yet, and I am going to get a shipment of MGS2, Crash Bandicoot, and Tony Hawk 3 from Amazon. In addition, I preordered 007 at Electronics Boutique. Now that I am broke, I have to spend all my time working and going to school, and I will rarely be able to play and games until I get some money in. Oh well, at least I'll have GTA3 to look forward to...
Old 11-09-01, 04:13 PM

There's an easier way to kill Salvatore without having to
Spoiler:
block his garage with other cars.

All you have to do is
Spoiler:
pick up a sniper rifle, park down the street from Luigi's club, where the road goes downhill. Get out of the car, Zoom in with the rifle, and start walking uphill on the sidewalk towards the club until the rest of the street comes into view. You'll see all the mafia guys standing around outside the club. Just wait until Salvatore comes out of the alley and you can pop him before he even gets in the limo. The mafia never spots you... mission complete.
Old 11-09-01, 07:01 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Pump Up the Gore
To increase the level of sticky, icky gore, enter the following code during gameplay: SQUARE, L1, CIRCLE, DOWN, L1, R1, TRIANGLE, RIGHT, L1, X.
Is this code right? I can't get it to work.
Old 11-09-01, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry to bring this point back up, but this game is definitely still on the shelves? I also heard it was pulled ...
Old 11-09-01, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by RJainMJ
Sorry to bring this point back up, but this game is definitely still on the shelves? I also heard it was pulled ...
It wasn't pulled - it's just hard to find due to its popularity

Daryl
Old 11-09-01, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, it's right. The game just doesn't notify you that it works.
Old 11-10-01, 12:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by KungFuMidget
Spoiler:

All you have to do is
Spoiler:
pick up a sniper rifle, park down the street from Luigi's club, where the road goes downhill. Get out of the car, Zoom in with the rifle, and start walking uphill on the sidewalk towards the club until the rest of the street comes into view. You'll see all the mafia guys standing around outside the club. Just wait until Salvatore comes out of the alley and you can pop him before he even gets in the limo. The mafia never spots you... mission complete.
Yep, that's what I did. Took me a few tries, b/c the mafiosos spotted me, but I eventually pulled it off. Didn't even take any return fire.

Yakuza good!
Old 11-10-01, 12:33 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by KungFuMidget
Spoiler:

All you have to do is
Spoiler:
Or you can find a great sniper's nest atop the building across the street (access via the alley).
Old 11-10-01, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Or you can find a great sniper's nest atop the building across the street (access via the alley).
Yeah...I sniped him from down the street!!! This game is so damn awesome!!!!
Old 11-10-01, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes it definitely works. It doesn't say anything, but snipe someone's head.....
Old 11-10-01, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just sniped two....man....it does work....heads fly right off!!!
Old 11-10-01, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm afraid to try any other codes after I turned on the riot. Having to start all over again was suckekekeke.

Is there a way to turn the riot off once it's on? Or are you just stuck once you punch in the code?
Old 11-10-01, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
I'm afraid to try any other codes after I turned on the riot. Having to start all over again was suckekekeke.

Is there a way to turn the riot off once it's on? Or are you just stuck once you punch in the code?
I was wondering that too... i had to go back a few saves to get rid of the riot stuff.... it was just becoming toooooo much