Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Grand Theft Auto 3 - Another must own game

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to the stupid Riot Code I tried I had to restart my game. I couldn't figure out how to undo the riot and it was impossible to be on the street ANYWHERE with all the gunfire and problems.

Anyway I restarted and I'm past the point I was before. I'm really impressed with the variety of missions so far and I look forward to the other islands.

Hope I get there soon.
Old 11-02-01, 11:08 PM

Grand theft auto is the greatest game i have played in a long ass time you can do anything you want its great. Two thumbs way up buy this game immediatly lol
Old 11-04-01, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yup, this game totally rocks.

I never liked a GTA game w/o weapons cheats, and now that I have those..this game is perfect.
Old 11-04-01, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by DavePack

Now, if I can just complete "van heist" and move on...arrrghh!!!
The first time I did it, I kept switching cars. I had a couple of good trucks (can't remember the name, it was a pickup though). The second time I jacked a semi before I got the mission and did pretty good with that.
Old 11-04-01, 01:25 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I have this on a 5-day rental and can think of little else. It's fantastic!
Old 11-04-01, 01:30 PM

I'm still waiting for mine to ship from Amazon, so I can't beat up any hookers yet.
Old 11-04-01, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
I'm really impressed with the variety of missions so far and I look forward to the other islands.

Hope I get there soon.
Approx how long does it take to get to the other Islands (in terms of missions?)? I'm still on the first Island currently on the Ice Cream Truck mission. This game is so bad ass!!!
Old 11-04-01, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Low RG
Spoiler:
Once you start working for the old man that's the head of the family and lives in the house on the hill......you are almost off the island.

So does it seem like there are less cops on the second island or is just cause the place is a bit bigger and they are more spread out?

Got three folks I could work for now and I'm sucking at all three missiosn they have for me. I just turned it off to take a break but I'm guessing I'm going to go right back to it as soon as I finish this..............
Old 11-04-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Low RG
Spoiler:
Once you start working for the old man that's the head of the family and lives in the house on the hill......you are almost off the island.

Thanks for the info! I've completed a couple of missions for that guy.

On the next island, do you get to choose where your new hideout is?

Old 11-04-01, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nope

Your new
Spoiler:
S&M lesbian
friends will provide you with the new hideout.

And I have to say that I hate the missions on this island. 2 of them are driving me nuts. I really do need a break from this game and I mean longer than a trip to the bathroom.
Old 11-04-01, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Damnit! I went to 4 or 5 different stores today and all of them were sold out! I had to settle with buying AC4 for now.
Old 11-04-01, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nope

Your new
Spoiler:
S&M lesbian
friends will provide you with the new hideout.

That is TOO Funny!!

Game 7 of the World Series has given me a break from the game . When the game is over though, it's back to GTA3!!

Old 11-04-01, 09:22 PM
Suspended Pending Vaild Email

Anyone know how to get the hidden package on top of Liberty Pharmaceuticals? I can't seem to find it/know how to.
Old 11-04-01, 09:58 PM

Right now, I'm stuck on Turismo and the one were you have to pick up the guy from Joey's, then the guy played by the Matrix guy in Chinatown, then back to the one guy's house where you get jumped by the one guys. It's the one in the limo. Sorry to give away so much information
Old 11-05-01, 12:04 AM

Here is a tip for Turismo. First, get the Mafia Sentinel, and when you are ready to race, lightly tap the side of the opponent's car. Instead of the countdown, it will start automatically, thereby leaving you with a huge head start. Also, do not concentrate too much on the opponents racing you, concentrate on the road and the checkpoints, the opponents will drive recklessly toward the end. Good luck.
Old 11-05-01, 01:09 AM

The best mission is:

Spoiler:
The drive-by with the Jamicans. It's funny as hell driving around a station wagon listening to reggae and blasting some gang members!

I never did Turismo. Did I miss out on some good mission with the Lation gang? The second island is tough. Try some of the Jamican gangs missions! (EX:
Spoiler:
The crazy explosive guys on SPANK.
Old 11-05-01, 01:26 AM

Originally posted by mwestep
Here is a tip for Turismo. First, get the Mafia Sentinel, and when you are ready to race, lightly tap the side of the opponent's car. Instead of the countdown, it will start automatically, thereby leaving you with a huge head start. Also, do not concentrate too much on the opponents racing you, concentrate on the road and the checkpoints, the opponents will drive recklessly toward the end. Good luck.
Whoa, cool I didn't know that! I do try to concentrate on the road, but damn, it's tough by yourself. Maybe when I go hang out with my friend, he'll be able to tell me when to turn and stuff. And guess what's in my garage-Mafia Sentinel! Or maybe it was a cop car. (doh!!)
Old 11-05-01, 07:54 AM

I finally cleared the Van Heist on Friday night--it took a while, but I did it. I realized there was absolutely no hurry to pick up the van. I jacked a few fresh cars, picked up some stars to clear out my arrest warrant meter, then went back several minutes later and got the van.

I've cleared several other missions since then--I believe I've cleared all the payphone missions (now I've got the Triads taking constant potshots at me thanks to my little flamethrower mission ). Right now, I'm stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to take out the Triad laundry trucks. I picked up the grenades from 8-ball's place, but I must be doing something wrong. It's very tough to pin one of those laundry trucks down to the point where I can hit it with a grenade. Usually, I get out, he takes off, and I gotta get back in my car and resume the chase...

This game is absolutely incredible. I played more this past weekend than I've played with any other single videogame in the same time frame in a long, long time. I was a huge fan of Driver, and this--this just takes it to that level I always wanted Driver to be at. Beyond the regular missions, the extra missions with the taxi, fire truck, ambulance, and police car are wonderful. I especially love the Vigilante missions. To smash some guy's car, then pop out and nail him with the shotgun as he runs down the street--pure gaming bliss.

I had a Vigilante mission last night where I was chasing this guy in a sports car, which made the chase very difficult. I finally plowed into him in a curve, sending both him and I into several rolls into buildings and pedestrians. He got out, I got out, and a running gun battle ensued. Then, he did something I've never seen before--he jacked my police car! I jacked a nearby cab, and now I'm chasing this wounded jerk trying to get my own police car back in the process! Of course, with the police car being pretty speedy, I couldn't catch him, and my timer ran down. That single Vigilante mission was more fun than some entire games I've played.
Old 11-05-01, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mwestep
Anyone know how to get the hidden package on top of Liberty Pharmaceuticals? I can't seem to find it/know how to.
Spoiler:
From the monorail track.
Old 11-05-01, 10:04 AM

I've cleared several other missions since then--I believe I've cleared all the payphone missions (now I've got the Triads taking constant potshots at me thanks to my little flamethrower mission ). Right now, I'm stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to take out the Triad laundry trucks. I picked up the grenades from 8-ball's place, but I must be doing something wrong. It's very tough to pin one of those laundry trucks down to the point where I can hit it with a grenade. Usually, I get out, he takes off, and I gotta get back in my car and resume the chase...
You don't have to use grenades to take out the trucks. For example, I slowed down one of them using a Triad truck that I jacked. I hopped out and threw out the driver before he could get started going again. Since I was near water, I drove the truck near the water and hopped out. I got into another car and used it to push the truck into the water.
Old 11-05-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Right now, I'm stuck on the mission where I'm supposed to take out the Triad laundry trucks. I picked up the grenades from 8-ball's place, but I must be doing something wrong. It's very tough to pin one of those laundry trucks down to the point where I can hit it with a grenade. Usually, I get out, he takes off, and I gotta get back in my car and resume the chase...
What I did was jack the Fire Engine that is located by 8-Balls. You can ram the $hit out of the laundry trucks until they explode or pin them in. Once they are pinned, get out and throw a grenade or two. I also used a Mack Truck but the Fire Engine is the toughest vehicle I've had so far!
Old 11-05-01, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by mrglass

I got into another car and used it to push the truck into the water.
BTW, you can push cars by yourself, you don't need to do it with another car.
Old 11-05-01, 12:33 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

I shot up a mess of folks at the train station with a uzi pistol and then took off on foot down the middle of the two rail tracks. Police chased me for like 30 minutes or something. Hilarious.

Also, I love that when you run through blood ... little bloody footprints appear. That's so wrong.

QUESTION: Can you shoot the cop choppers? The auto-target doesn't work for me. Also, someone was talking about an airplane. Is that on the second island?

My rental is due back Wednesday. Ordered my own copy this morning. Can't wait!
Old 11-05-01, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
QUESTION: Can you shoot the cop choppers? The auto-target doesn't work for me. Also, someone was talking about an airplane. Is that on the second island?
I hear you can shoot them down ONLY with the rocket launcher, but they are able to be shot down. For some cool codes, go to Gamesages.com...you can have a tank drop right in front of you so you can wreck some havok for instance .
Old 11-05-01, 01:44 PM

Well there is also a Banshee (Dodge Viper) inside the car dealership place, just break the glass . Maybe if you can't get it with the sentinel, try the banshee. Although I think the sentinel has more armor.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.